Old apple still in business

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
While it technically isn't current, I was on a video shoot yesterday and the teleprompter was running off of an Apple IIc. The script was loaded up with the 5.5 inch floppies. Funny stuff. But cool that it's still in use.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    i have a powerbook 165 on my kitchen counter with all my recipes on floppies. it's very handy, and still works in spite of being tomato sauce encrusted.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    giantgiant Posts: 6,041member
    Quote:

Originally posted by superkarate monkeydeathcar

i have a powerbook 165 on my kitchen counter with all my recipes on floppies. it's very handy, and still works in spite of being tomato sauce encrusted.

cool idea
  • Reply 3 of 7
    5.5 in floppies? I remember those! My old Apple II and Mac + have a 5.5 inch floppy drives. Now owning a computer that has even a 3.5 inch floppy drive seems very odd to me. I'm glad that Apple got rid of them, and now look, here we are 4 years later and some other manufactures are finally getting the clue that floppies suck, there are so many better ways.

Superkaratemonkeydeathcar, can you still buy 5.5 inch floppies from anywhere, other than ebay?
  • Reply 4 of 7
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,464member
    That's 5.25 " guys.

Nick
  • Reply 5 of 7
    progmacprogmac Posts: 1,850member
    Quote:

Originally posted by trumptman

That's 5.25 " guys.

Nick

i feel better now.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    um. Yeah. It has been a long time since my Commodore days. 5.25 it is!
  • Reply 7 of 7
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    My Color Classic in my room still works great for Word 5 and a juke box with an Apple CDROM. I think the PRAM battery has decayed but oh well. Can't believe it still works.