Think Secret: New iMovie 3.5

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
For anybody interesed in iMovie. Think Secret says that Apple is working on a new version of iMovie called 3.5. I wonder what will change? Looking forward to it.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    i hope it has the speed of final cut and at least a couple more video tracks.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    joekjoek Posts: 93member
    Quote:

Originally posted by imacFP

For anybody interesed in iMovie. Think Secret says that Apple is working on a new version of iMovie called 3.5. I wonder what will change? Looking forward to it.

only minor changes according to macrumors

http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2003/...09153636.shtml
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Quote:

Originally posted by imacFP

i'm an ethusiastic hobby movie maker, so iMovie was my first editing software and i loved it.

now, i did the upgrade to final cut express, which has a gigantic learning curve but is doing fantastic things!

question is:

how to make the difference between these two prgs? ok, iMovie is for free/part of iLife 49??

what is missing in iMovie?

at the moment it is not stable and you cannot work big projects (lets say >1h)?- but this is just for an upgarde...

it allready offers this nice ken burns effects, which is as part of iLife integration very good for a hobbiest to use their digi pics?- anyhow, the iLife integration is the strongest argument for iMovie - all your pics, music and videos and? hey, what about grafix?!

this will be a point: grafix and animation.

grafix for, lets say, a map with a growing red line ("? our trip to canada?") or some stupid "bubbles" like in comics and some new title effects.

secondly, animation: perhaps some hardcore hobbiest like to spend a few months with making their own stop-motion movies. yes, i do know, there are lots of free/shareware solutions, but not yet integrated. maybe we will see some "maya light" for doing some basic 3D renderings (turning cube effect, "liquid" titles, bouncing balls, all with your video as texture etc)

2/more video layers? perhaps not, 'cause this is FCE area! probably in "effects" you find some pre-contructed pic-in-pic effects, which you can allready yet do with qt pro (yes, with qt pro you can do some nicely compositing effects, but is not very user friendly).

conclusion: imovie still has to be the consumer-level click-and-have-fun product vs. FCE/semi pro, therefore it needs some more "magic tricks" - and it is all in the shelfs of apple! (did i mention anything you haven't seen on your apple yet? you see )