Money Market Checking Accounts

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
My wife and I are considering closing our regular checking accounts, which pay little to no interest (.01 I think), and opening a money-market checking account.

Can anyone recommend a financial institution to do this? Experiences with money-market checking, etc?

Robert

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Northgate

My wife and I are considering closing our regular checking accounts, which pay little to no interest (.01 I think), and opening a money-market checking account.

Can anyone recommend a financial institution to do this? Experiences with money-market checking, etc?

Robert

Yeah, it'll be great, you'll get 0.5% rather than 0.1. Seriously, that's about right. I use Vanguard Prime Money Market, but it's just not worth even trying to making money on a liquid account right now. I think it's best just to keep shuffling money out of the checking account and into other accounts.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,464member
    I have the same opinion. I've ready of many brokerage houses offering these types of accounts, but the difference isn't worth the hassle.

Nick
  • Reply 3 of 3
    that's what i do, paying bills online makes it pretty easy, but you have to stay up on it.

and for all my work in this regards we garnered about $18 in interest this year!