Printing on a Network

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Can anyone help me with this? Where's der kopf when you need him?

Its about my school network. I hope you can access the website (tell me if you can't). The instructions explain things for Jaguar. Everything's different in Panther and I can't work it out.

Thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    looks pretty straightforward to me... what are you getting hung-up on?
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by Paul

looks pretty straightforward to me... what are you getting hung-up on?

I shudda waited for a reply... Anyway, if you do come back to this thread... I think maybe I need to wait until SAMBA 3 has a full release. Apart from that, the problem I am havin is that Printer Setup Utility looks completely different in Panther compared with the instructions for using Jaguar. I was just hoping for some help in working it out. Step 9 onwards...

Laters
  • Reply 3 of 5
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    the printer setup utility should be in your utilities folder... open it

then while holding option (alt) click once on the add printer button in the toolbar

then in the pull-down menu go to advanced (it should be all the way at the bottom) then in the device pulldown menu go to windows printer via SMB and copy the information from their site...

if you have trouble after doing this let me know...

hth

-Paul
  • Reply 4 of 5
    mcqmcq Posts: 1,543member
    Quote:

Originally posted by SonOfSylvanus

I shudda waited for a reply... Anyway, if you do come back to this thread... I think maybe I need to wait until SAMBA 3 has a full release. Apart from that, the problem I am havin is that Printer Setup Utility looks completely different in Panther compared with the instructions for using Jaguar. I was just hoping for some help in working it out. Step 9 onwards...

Laters

Looking around at the Samba web page it looks like there's been a 3.0 release since late September, and I think it was included in Panther. From what I see on my Panther installation, the version installed is one of the release candidates, Version 3.0.0 rc2.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by Paul

the printer setup utility should be in your utilities folder... open it

then while holding option (alt) click once on the add printer button in the toolbar

then in the pull-down menu go to advanced (it should be all the way at the bottom) then in the device pulldown menu go to windows printer via SMB and copy the information from their site...

if you have trouble after doing this let me know...

hth

-Paul

That is exactly what the instructions say isnt it.

I don't know why I couldn't make it work before. Thanks.