Sales Figures

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I was always wondering about monthly or quarterly sales figures for computers in general, and Macs in relation to them. Every so often, I see people comment on sales (they're good! they're bad!), but I have never seen them quote numbers. Does anyone know a site that consistently and accurately covers this?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    Apple posts quarterly sales figures at the time of their analyst meeting (webcast). Other companies do the same. I'm not sure there's a weekly or monthly report available for all computer sales. Here's last quarter sales forApple.
  • Reply 2 of 10
    mac+mac+ Posts: 580member
    Thanks for this!
  • Reply 3 of 10
    der kopfder kopf Posts: 2,275member
    To recap:

787.000 Macs

336.000 iPods

in 4th quarter of 2003.
  • Reply 4 of 10
    At the analyst news conference they broke down the CPUs: iMacs, G5s, Powerbooks, iBooks. You'll need to search around I guess to get those figures.
  • Reply 5 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacsRGood4U

At the analyst news conference they broke down the CPUs: iMacs, G5s, Powerbooks, iBooks. You'll need to search around I guess to get those figures.

try this (page 13)
  • Reply 6 of 10
    mcqmcq Posts: 1,543member
    For Apple specifically, check here:

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix....57&p=irol-news

Links for each quarter are there, and if you go to each of the quarterly reports, the data summary pdfs are linked at the top of the pages.
  • Reply 7 of 10
    krassykrassy Posts: 595member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MCQ

For Apple specifically, check here:

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix....57&p=irol-news

Links for each quarter are there, and if you go to each of the quarterly reports, the data summary pdfs are linked at the top of the pages.

yeah thats http://www.apple.com/investor/
  • Reply 8 of 10
    All of these links are very helpful. Thanks. What's interesting is how they handle iMac and eMac sales, labeling both under iMac.
  • Reply 9 of 10
    krassykrassy Posts: 595member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Republic

All of these links are very helpful. Thanks. What's interesting is how they handle iMac and eMac sales, labeling both under iMac.

that's right. they will have to change that i think. the market for an iMac is totally different than the market for eMacs. but that's just the way they're marketing those macs. all-in-one. same basic price, different final prices due to the different displays.
  • Reply 10 of 10
    mmmpiemmmpie Posts: 628member
    They have no legal responsibility to change that. It is common accounting practice to hide a poorly selling but internally well supported product ( policitcal issue ) by lumping it in with a better selling more profitable product. They could have done the same with the cube by making dissappear into the powermac line.