Frustration!!

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I know that no one will respond to my stupid post, but I wanted to vent my frustration at the length of time it is taking for me to get my powerbook. I really needed it today, and I do not know when I will get it for sure and I have called fedex and they told me that it might be tomorrow. I am so frustrated by all this, that I don't think that I will order through Apple again. I'm sure that no one else has had problems, because I have read posts where they have gotten their orders within a few days. Any advice will be appreciated if anyone cares to respond. Which I don't think anyone will. But thanks for letting me vent my frustrations.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by HHansen726

I know that no one will respond to my stupid post

Wrong.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    lainlain Posts: 140member
    Quote:

Originally posted by HHansen726

Any advice will be appreciated if anyone cares to respond. Which I don't think anyone will.

Next time call a shop to make sure they have it in stock, then go to pick it up personally.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    It would help if you told us when you ordered it. If you ordered last week then there's really no reason to be complaining. If you ordered it last month, then you have a reason to be complaining.

And yes, buying in a store is a good way to make sure you get it right away, even though it means you have to settle for a stock model and you have to pay tax.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    That sucks. Hope everything works out for you. But shipping sucks around the holidays. Shoulda realized that. Sorry that you have to go through this, but sometimes life just sucks. \ Personally, I like to order online after playing around with things in the store, but if you absolutely need something by a certain date, pick it up in store.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    Thanks. And I have learned a big lesson. I had played around at the stores and thought I would save some money by getting the educator discount by getting it directly from apple. Thanks for the responses.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    ibrowseibrowse Posts: 1,749member
    If you had gone to an Apple store you could have gotten your education discount there. And it makes it more fun to go get your machine from and Apple store. You wouldn't have to get a stock model though, when me and my <bitter> ex </bitter> -girlfriend went to pick her up a 12" PowerBook we bought extra RAM and they offered to install it for us. But yeah, you would pay tax, and that's no fun. Hope your Mac arrives soon!
  • Reply 7 of 8
    I got my 15" powerbook today finally. I am excited. Can anyone now tell me how my powerbook can share my DSL modem with my Blue and White G3? I bought and Airport extreme base station. Do I just need a second cable? And does anyone know what changes will there be to Microsoft Office? Any help you can give me will be much appreciated.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    You'll need a second cable for the B&W and an airport card for the PB. All PB are airport ready, but only certain models come with it installed. The rest is pretty simple from there...good luck and enjoy.