What's up for Christmas ?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I am looking forward to getting together with family, have a happy meal, sit outside in the sunshine, drink a few beers and play some backyard cricket (a bit like rounders).

The whole idea of which is to let the kids get as many hits, catches and runs as they can. If they hit the ball into the neighbours yard it's six runs ( equal to a home run ). It builds their confidence in a nice (relatively non-competitive ) way.

Christmas in the Sunshine...Blue skies, Gum trees, odd but really special.

Merry Christmas to you all

Aqua

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    Love your thread Aquafire

I went shopping today and got my nieces some gifts. It is so fun to think of special people and get gifts for them.

Christmas is all about people. We are all human and we all affect the lives of others in so many crazy ways. I love to think about the wonderful people in my life.

Have a mug of hot cocoa and smile at the love of everyone who is a blessing in your life

Fellows
  • Reply 2 of 8
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    Quote:

Originally posted by FellowshipChurch iBook

Love your thread Aquafire

I went shopping today and got my nieces some gifts. It is so fun to think of special people and get gifts for them.

Christmas is all about people. We are all human and we all affect the lives of others in so many crazy ways. I love to think about the wonderful people in my life.

Have a mug of hot cocoa and smile at the love of everyone who is a blessing in your life

Fellows

I might let the hot cocoa go Fellows..gets up to 110 in the shade at times.

I also go to church which is usually cram~packed with the "submarine" faithful.They tend to rise out of the waves for Easter & Christmas service, and sink without trace for the rest of the year.

Yes, Thank God for Christmas.

• Reply 3 of 8
    christmas holidays get everyone together for broomball. possibly the best sport ever.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    giaguaragiaguara Posts: 2,724member
    christmas sucks.

people want to be stressed because the "have to" do shopping and cook a lot of fatty, heavy foods. they stress themselves for a month, then have a collective binge, make a noticeable peak in the national suicide statistics charts, give their kids things to compensate all the time they were not with their kids when they needed them or did not do what they were supposed to do as parents.. and in january back to normality, they wonder where all those extra pounds came from (not in their wallet), and why their kids suddenly need a therapist.

i hate christmas cards. if my friends have nothing else to tell to me than merry christmas in all the year, i rather not get a xmas card. tell me that you went to visit this and that place, that you were today particualrly happy because of this and that, that you got a new puppy or you saw a kid smiling.. i mean, please, find something else to tell than "merry christmas". that sounds to me as nice as the worst imagineable "have a nice day" can sound like. don't send me xmas cards! (at least on paper) (and yes, mum, learn english, get a computer, start to hang at appleoutsider so i don't have to send you a card either).

give a gift when you feel like, to who you feel like. when you feel like, no matter if the day is 7 january or 20 oct or 11 june.

what i want to do.. hang out with people who don't celebrate xmas, watch every movie in the dvd shelf except doctor who and woody allen movies and willy wonka), hang out with the people i like, eat if i feel like (and what i feel like, not because i "have to" binge eat something only because it's a certain day), drink .. and abuse someone after he's too drunk... \

sorry, too many xmases spent with family, as a kid.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    Last year I went to Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Norway for the Christmas/New Year holidays. Beside the flight tickets, accomondation....I also spent so much money on buying gifts to people, paying for the museums, trains, souveniers, etc etc

I set a new record on my money spending

As a result this year's Christmas is gonna be a super quiet Christmas. Not going anywhere. Not doing anything but my own comic stuff.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Yay Christmas.

• Reply 7 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by alcimedes

christmas holidays get everyone together for broomball. possibly the best sport ever.

....first we must flood.....

I plan to spend it with this big slug here...janitoring at my church, and freezing my ass off while I flood the rink. Ahh well more then worth it for broomball.

Ohh and we have a winter storm advisory tonight there's like 4 inches out there already it's nuts.