CD Labeling Software for OSX

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
What CD labeling software/kits are available for OSX? I have a 20"iMac and an Epson printer. I'd eventually like to get a printer to print directly onto CD's but a search for that has been less than fruitful. So in the meantime, I'll be looking at labeling software/programs that will work with Panther. Any suggestions/recomendations?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    I use Discus - it is a very un-mac-like program which does an adequate job at what I need to do (which is very few CD labels and jewel cases).

I have an Epson Stylus Photo 900 which will print directly onto CDs (I think it was like $200 a few months ago?). I believe the 960 will also. I have yet to play with that functionality because I am still burning through my CDs which won't accept direct ink...
  • Reply 2 of 6
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Haven't used it myself, but I know the new X version of PrintShop does labels.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    nofeernofeer Posts: 2,427member
    sams sells a kit, print/and place the label to cd im not sure who makes it, i put it on my santa christmas list
  • Reply 4 of 6
    i quit putting labels on the cd's themselves. a few years ago my band sent a demo to some record companies and one of the labels came loose in their $2000 cd player and pretty much ruined the player. Needless to say when we contacted them about the demo, they were less than happy with us. So now I just make jewel case inserts and mark the cd's with a marker.

If my band is gonna make a serious CD, we have them pressed with our designs, and save ourselves the problem of screwing up peoples expensive equiptment.

seems like all those labels are so heavy on the cd anyways, makes some CD's out of balance like a bi@tch.

Oh, and "coverstar" is nice/easy labeling and insert software.

Good Luck, Randy

CoverStar
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by The Pie Man

I have an Epson Stylus Photo 900 which will print directly onto CDs (I think it was like $200 a few months ago?). I believe the 960 will also. I have yet to play with that functionality because I am still burning through my CDs which won't accept direct ink...

If and when you do try this function, please post about it! I read a review in MacAddict which was lukewarm about the print quality, but then they're kind of perfectionists about that kind of thing.

I used to use "Stomper" in OS 9, and basically hated it because the labels never lined up right in the printer, which got really annoying really fast. Any others to add to the list?
  • Reply 6 of 6
    I jus went looking around on the net and I have to say that Printshop looks interesting. Anybody have any experience with it, especially enough to know what kind of label blanks it accepts?