expose has $$$$ed my existence

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
i just sit for hours at the computer doing nothing more than hit and rehit F9..."windows go small....windows go big....windows go small....windows go big...." i will open programs and screens that i do not even need or will use just to add more little windows to make small then big...

ohhh dammit...the kids have been $$$$ing with me again and have tripled my lithium dose...excuse me, i have to bust a couple of heads...perhaps when i get me meds back to normal, expose won't be so damn addictive....

windows go small....windows go big...windows go small..hehehe...windows go big.....swwweeeeeetttt....windows go....

g

Comments

• Reply 1 of 20
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Oh. My. Gosh. Go outside!
  • Reply 2 of 20
    oh it is worse than that...i got an iSight when i bought panther...so now i play Hey Ya on constant loop in iTunes and "white man" chair dance while i hit F9 over and over..."windows and dancing thegelding go small....windows and dancing thegelding go big....hehee sweet...windows and dancing thegelding go small....windows and dancing thegelding go big....nice, no niiiiiceeee....windows and dancing thegelding go......"

the whole time with random shouts of "shake it, shake it, shake it like a poloroid picture" with the required spaztic arm motions

g
  • Reply 3 of 20
    homhom Posts: 1,098member
    Try holding shift next time for a really mind blowing experience.
  • Reply 4 of 20
    Quote:

Originally posted by HOM

Try holding shift next time for a really mind blowing experience.

damn you...now i have to quit work and rush home just to find out what that does!!!

time for a new job anyway....do you think i can get paid for sitting at my computer and chair dance while pounding the F9 key fast and repetitive like a herion addict slapping at veins in his arm hoping one will rise?? i would need about 70k a year and full benefits (couldn't give up the medical...the mental health bills alone would be wack)

g
  • Reply 5 of 20
    Quote:

Originally posted by thegelding

i just sit for hours at the computer doing nothing more than hit and rehit F9..."windows go small....windows go big....windows go small....windows go big...." ...expose won't be so damn addictive....

windows go small....windows go big...windows go small..hehehe...windows go big.....swwweeeeeetttt....windows go....

g

yeah buddy, -

- and then try Xupport 2.0, enable that hidden exposé feature "desktop in a box". and you go crazy. promised;-)

best
  • Reply 6 of 20
    yevgenyyevgeny Posts: 1,148member
    Quote:

Originally posted by thegelding

i just sit for hours at the computer doing nothing more than hit and rehit F9..."windows go small....windows go big....windows go small....windows go big...." i will open programs and screens that i do not even need or will use just to add more little windows to make small then big...

ohhh dammit...the kids have been $$$$ing with me again and have tripled my lithium dose...excuse me, i have to bust a couple of heads...perhaps when i get me meds back to normal, expose won't be so damn addictive....

g

Oh please. That is so pathetic. If you were a real Mac power user, you would have a two button mouse and make the right mouse click tile the windows. That's the serious human-computer usability crack. Function keys? That's so ten years ago. I honestly don't know how to switch between apps anymore on my Mac.

P.S. Nice SIG. Seeing that you like PKD brings a whole new level to your deranged posts.
  • Reply 7 of 20
    If you feel up to it, you could also try the Expose Hemorrhage test.

How many windows can you force it to shrink before it bogs down?

Opening a whole folder of pictures on a comp store 1Ghz 128Mb iMac17, I counted 98 before it started to get chunky, heh. Landscape and portrait images in their own aspect windows actually seemed to tile better than pure landscape or pure portrait collections.

Safari windows in the 40s, depending on content (Flash movies eat RAM)

Safari windows under F10 seem to prefer to go up to 6 across and one deep than 3x2 or 2x3.

Wonder if there's a prescribed pattern when window sizes are identical?

If you Expose Desktop, then run a new program, that program will live in the void desktop (and can be fullscreen) while other windows stay flown out. Hit F11 once and all windows return with your new one on top, F11 again and all fly out.

[ EDIT : hmmm... as of 10.3.2, Expose seems to have stopped doing this. ]

but you probably already knew about these things, didn't you?
  • Reply 8 of 20
    Expose is great, but dragging and dropping into titled windows is absolutely awesome, spring loaded windows!
  • Reply 9 of 20
    Quote:

Originally posted by piwozniak

Expose is great, but dragging and dropping into titled windows is absolutely awesome, spring loaded windows!

Indeed. Watch and marvel!! I find myself using this feature more and more.
  • Reply 10 of 20
    I ask you people...is there a cooler operating system on the planet? I mean, really...why would anyone use anything else?

• Reply 11 of 20
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    No, the best is having to email something to someone and you get it from the desktop, go over your mail window and WHILE YOU'RE HOLDING THE ITEM, pressing cmd+N and dropping it into the window. It's ****ing sweet. Hell, even my fiancee uses it. I think, despite herself, she's liking Panther more and more. (I even found her using her iBook while at her desktop computer - a Dell ).
  • Reply 12 of 20
    Man, you guys are such nerds.

Hard to read that when it gets really small...zooooooooom...

um.

*sigh*
  • Reply 13 of 20
    Quote:

Originally posted by torifile

No, the best is having to email something to someone and you get it from the desktop, go over your mail window and WHILE YOU'RE HOLDING THE ITEM, pressing cmd+N and dropping it into the window. It's ****ing sweet.

I'm not sure if this is different from what you describe but dragging an item onto the mail icon will create a new mail with the file as an attachment. (disclaimer: not at a Mac right now to double-check).
  • Reply 14 of 20
    Quote:

Originally posted by Malokata

Man, you guys are such nerds.

Hard to read that when it gets really small...zooooooooom...

um.

*sigh*

Well, YOU'RE hanging out here, motherf*****, so what does that say?

And "reading" probably isn't really the point anyway. Just seeing everything and dragging stuff easily to where you need it. I don't think anyone purposely shrinks 20 windows in Exposé and actually tries to READ content.

*sigh* indeed...
  • Reply 15 of 20
    LOL i just got panther and i'm addicted to exposé like everyone else. its by far the best feature ever implemented in an OS. my work time has already decreased by about half (at least).
  • Reply 16 of 20
    stoostoo Posts: 1,490member
    Quicktime player still plays while minimised/zooming. 8)
  • Reply 17 of 20
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by thegelding

[B]i just sit for hours at the computer doing nothing more than hit and rehit F9..."windows go small....windows go big....windows go

Try F10 and F11
  • Reply 18 of 20
    With all the tricks you showed him, I'm not sure we'll see thegelding again this year...

Wonder if he's still dancing though ?!
  • Reply 19 of 20
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,464member
    Who the heck would use Expose with F9 or the second mouse button? That is what the middle scroll wheel/button is for. Better and cheaper than crack and it still allows you to use contexual menus as well.

Be warned... I don't want to see any of you on milk cartons.

Nick
  • Reply 20 of 20
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    I've never been able to get Expose to work with the scroll button. I have an Intellimouse Explorer w/ MS' software installed for it. What am I missing?