>_> post count

Posted:
in Feedback edited January 2014
I didn't post this in the post count thread, b/c I thought it wouldn't be found...

Anyway, I was looking at the "Pic of computer setup" thread and I noticed that whenever xidius posts the count does not increase. (If >_> is in fact xidius)

check for yourself

How is this so?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    Very odd. Probably just another vB issue.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Mac+

I didn't post this in the post count thread, b/c I thought it wouldn't be found...

Anyway, I was looking at the "Pic of computer setup" thread and I noticed that whenever xidius posts the count does not increase. (If >_> is in fact xidius)

check for yourself

How is this so?

If you look a little harder, you'd notice that the post counts for everyone is the same for each post they make. So, my post count is about 2950 in this thread RIGHT NOW. If you were to look at it tomorrow, it may be upto about 2970 despite the fact that at the time I made THIS POST it was lower. Post counts on vB are updated dynamically with the most recent information (as are sigs). So it's not just >_> or whoever.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by torifile

If you look a little harder, you'd notice that the post counts for everyone is the same for each post they make. So, my post count is about 2950 in this thread RIGHT NOW. If you were to look at it tomorrow, it may be upto about 2970 despite the fact that at the time I made THIS POST it was lower. Post counts on vB are updated dynamically with the most recent information (as are sigs). So it's not just >_> or whoever.

Soooo, Torifile, what have you done with pensieve's post count, eh?

the king is dead, long live...
  • Reply 4 of 6

• Reply 5 of 6
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    Mac+ Don't worry about it.

I've seen my count "docked" a few times.

I posted 2500th about three weeks ago.

But it dropped mysteriously over a week and a bit back.

Last night my account was at 2498.

And this morning I see its dropped again.

Its nothing personal...its just the ghost in the machine...

whooo whooo whooo..

• Reply 6 of 6
    mac+mac+ Posts: 580member
    Quote:

Originally posted by torifile

Thanks torifile - I understand how the post counts increment and how they work. (ie: every post will have the same number of the current count)

My point was that yesterday, >_> had about four posts on that thread - but the count only read 1. I couldn't work out whether >_> had a special status to remain at 1 post count only or whether there was something weird going on.

Maybe there is a ghost in the machine... whoowhoowhoo