Most Annoying Ringtone?

homhom
Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I'm walking down the street and all of a sudden a person's phone goes off with In Da Club. 5 minutes later another person's phones starts playing In Da Club. I can't stand hearing that stupid song anymore.

What's the most annoying ringtone?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 37
    daverdaver Posts: 496member
    I thought they all were.
  • Reply 2 of 37
    Quote:

Originally posted by Daver

I thought they all were.

yep. anything besides vibrate and you disturb others.
  • Reply 3 of 37
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Most annoying ringtone? How about ALL OF THEM!!!

Bad enough I have to hear a stranger's phone conversation in Barnes & Noble, Target, restaurant, etc. Do I have to listen to a stupid ass deedle-blop blip, bloop, bleep rendition of "God Bless the USA" or some Creed song beforehand?

Spare me. Please.

I hate cell phones. I really, really do.

Actually, let me rephrase that: I don't hate the phones at all. I just hate the ill-mannered, loud-mouthed, "look at me and my important life" peckerheads who use them inappropriately. I nearly strangled a guy in a movie theater once. He actually TOOK THE CALL and carried on a conversation, right in the middle of the movie. Full voice...no whisper or attempt to keep quiet!

I had a Sipowicz moment and let him know what a complete inconsiderate asshole he was. He seemed genuinely stunned, as if it never crossed his mind he SHOULDN'T be doing this.

That scared the hell out of me.

• Reply 4 of 37
    Quote:

Originally posted by HOM

I'm walking down the street and all of a sudden a person's phone goes off with In Da Club.

I blame that stupid TV commercial where two guys are walking down the street with the cell phone ringing that song as their "theme music".

• Reply 5 of 37
    I did the same thing as pscates with a gang of 15 kids who were standing just inside the threshold of the ramp leading into a theater when I went to see the very first MATRIX movie. I went off on them, stood up and yelled SHUTUP! at them. They left. (no cellular)

Last week I sat in a Chick-Fil-A while this asswipe sat at two tables pushed together, watching a television they had suspended from the ceiling. He carried on a conversation while he dined, as if he were in his living room watching the game with friends. Unbelievable.

I feel like an ass whenever I take a call in a store, but I always switch over to silent anywhere that I needn't take a call (church, a meeting, a movie theater). Of course it helps that I've had over ten years of walkie talkie experience ground into my head. I'll still find myself reaching down to turn off my walkie, and I'm not even wearing one~
  • Reply 6 of 37
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    I'm getting rid of my cell phone.
  • Reply 7 of 37
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    *rethinks Hockey Night In Canada theme song on cell phone*
  • Reply 8 of 37
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    My cell phone is set to the old style rotary phone ringer. Whenever it goes out in public, I often hear, "Wow, a cell phone that has a NORMAL ringer. That's cool." -- Because they're so few and far between anymore.
  • Reply 9 of 37
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    When I see someone talking on a cellphone in an inappropriate setting, I yell, "Can you HEAR me now?". They look at me funny and hang up.
  • Reply 10 of 37
    I was just sittin somewhere once, and I hear this one lady's phone go off, and it goes

*Ring* *Ring* "You have an incoming call"

• Reply 11 of 37
    my cell phone does a duet with my brother's cell phone. we programmed a classical violin duet. It sounds cool, of course just for fun, not like we get calls at the same exact time
  • Reply 12 of 37
    Any poliphonic is annoying. I couldn't have one of those phones - it'd take me ages to wonder why some dumb has a radio on around me.. those things just don't sound like phones.
  • Reply 13 of 37
    homhom Posts: 1,098member
    Well it's only going to get worse. A year from now we are all going to wish we could go back to polyphonic ringtones. The next big thing is MP3s and WAV files as ringtones. Be prepared for farting and burping sounds and real music files.
  • Reply 14 of 37
    Quote:

Originally posted by HOM

Well it's only going to get worse. A year from now we are all going to wish we could go back to polyphonic ringtones. The next big thing is MP3s and WAV files as ringtones. Be prepared for farting and burping sounds and real music files.

And Apple's Quicktime 6.5 will help contribute to the problem. \
  • Reply 15 of 37
    baumanbauman Posts: 1,248member
    Well, I have only heard a polyphonic tone once, but I think it's ten times better than some high pitched beeping... especially if said beeping is trying to play a melody.
  • Reply 16 of 37
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    I still don't own a mobile phone. I don't need it. If my friends want to do something with me, they can call me at home. And when I'm not at home, my answering machine is.

I hate cell phones. "Blablabla...I'll be home in five minutes" Crap.
  • Reply 17 of 37
    giaguaragiaguara Posts: 2,724member
    I don't like polyphonic ring tones ... I don't like nearly any ring tones actually. I've got some standard of an old ericsson .. and mostly I use just the vibrator.
  • Reply 18 of 37
    My phone is currently broken, and by broken I mean it has two volumes..."loud enough to wake the dead" and silent. It also has a vibrate feature which I use quite frequently. I rarely have the ringer on anymore unless I'm alone in the car or at a party or something like that. That being said, I only use my phone once or twice a week, and I make every attempt to not carry on a conversation in public places.

The worst thing however (worse than taking calls in movies) is when the 12 year old girls behind me in church take calls on their cell phones and don't seem to think it is a big deal that the pastor is trying to preach a sermon while they yack away about the newest hot boy.

Another cell phone irritation...I work in a bakery, I do mostly production, but I make it to the retail part every once in a while. People come in, on their cell phones, start pointing to stuff, than get extremely frustrated when I don't have a clue what they want. It's hard to carry on two conversations at once so I propose a very simple solution: CALL THEM BACK!!!
  • Reply 19 of 37
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    I have Immigrant Song as my ringer and love it

Rock on
  • Reply 20 of 37
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    re: ringtones -- i do not mind the default rings of a cell company. i think anyone can pick out the default nokia ringtone, for instance. or standard rings. but when i hear "take me out to the ball game"... TWICE... before someone can answer the damn thing, i get very annoyed. what? you don't KNOW you're the only jackass in the office who has that ringtone?

re: teenage girls -- all of them are stupid. i don't know what i saw in them when i was a teen.

if we're just hauling off on cell phone rants, allow me to throw in that some of the dumbest driving maneuvers i have ever been inthe presence of involved drivers... you guessed it.. on their cell phones. i have told friends and colleagues that i check my voice mail often when i am out, but only when i am safely parked (or stuck in REALLY slow traffic). otherwise, for the sake of everyone else on the road, I WILL CALL YOU BACK IN FIVE FREAKIN MINUTES.