Battery charge stops at 48 % on my AluBook

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Hi everybody

I got a battery problem with my 4 weeks old 15" AlPB : it refuses to charge further than 48 %. I have calibrated it the right way, tried PMU reset several times but nothing changes excepted the pourcentage : it used to be 84 % before the last "battery software update" posted by Apple recently. This update has revamped my battery capacity up to 4200 (it went doxn to 2700 before that update), but battery life hasn't changed since it refuses to reach 100 %. It seems like the PB doesn't "know" it shouldn't stop, since once 48 % has been reached it constantly oscillate between charge (amber LED, 47 %) and full (green, 48 %) What can I do ?

Thank you if you can help

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    call apple... they should be able to help you... and I'm willing to be that you are within 90 days of your purchase...
  • Reply 2 of 4
    odds are they're going to send you a new battery.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Mine was not going to 100% so after the software update I "recalibrated" it. Leave it plugged in long enough to know that it's charged. Then leave it unplugged until it sleeps due to low power.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott

Mine was not going to 100% so after the software update I "recalibrated" it. Leave it plugged in long enough to know that it's charged. Then leave it unplugged until it sleeps due to low power.

Thanx but I already did that claibration process many times. It doesn't go further than 48 %, even if I leave it plugged for 3 days. I guess I'll call Apple then.