adding some linkage :)

Posted:
in Feedback edited January 2014
You know what would be good? I think it would make it so much easier to surf this forum if another set of links were at the bottom of the page. What I mean is at the top of each page there is something like "AppleInsider » Suggestions" so that you can backtrack all the way back to the home page, or to the suggestions area. Well it would be great if there was another set at the bottom of each post. The reasoning for me is this, I read through the post, and I want a quick way back to the forum's subarea, well to do that I would either have to pull my bar all the way back up and click on "appleinsider" or hit the back button a couple of times. I have seen forums where they did add a second link on the bottom, it makes it so much faster.

Just a little suggestion... you know you want to add it... for me LOL

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    push (or slam with a well aimed finger) on the "home" key on your keyboard, or press the "page up" key a few times,or press shift+space to get the same effect.

It may work well on long posts, but on short ones it will all look too cluttered
  • Reply 2 of 7
    mac+mac+ Posts: 580member
    I don't know whether this helps, but you do realise that there is a forum jump at the bottom of each page as well, don't you?

It's not cluttering up the posts - but it is there once you get to the end of a page.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    I think to the left of that it should have the "AppleInsider » Suggestions » adding some linkage " again, it's just so much easier. all the other forums I have been to does it.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by Nebagakid

push (or slam with a well aimed finger) on the "home" key on your keyboard, or press the "page up" key a few times,or press shift+space to get the same effect.

It may work well on long posts, but on short ones it will all look too cluttered

He would do this, but it makes too much sense. He's probably American too...so dang lazy.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by DMBand0026

He would do this, but it makes too much sense. He's probably American too...so dang lazy.

i am American and you know what? I am proud of my laziness!
  • Reply 6 of 7
    I don't have a home key on my keyboard. and for a post this long it takes 34 UPs on the keyboard, or 10 revolutions of the mouse wheel
  • Reply 7 of 7
    homhom Posts: 1,098member
    Command + up arrow takes you to the top of the page.

Command + down arrow takes you to the bottom of the page.