new imac stock in some Compusa Stores!

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I knew this would happen! Compusa has a neat feature that will let you search the inventory of various stores. I live in Honolulu and purchased a powerbook from a New Hamshire store in the first week Apple began shipment. Needles to say Compusa got me my G4 powerbook before the apple store did, despite placing my order on the day of the keynote.

So I figured I would try the same thing with the new imac. Sure enough I found several stores with "limited quantities" on hand. I even called up two locations to verify the unit was actually in stock. (New Hampshire had them, so did Encintas in California and the San Diego super store too!) -Each had 3-4 in stock. I got very excited since I did not order one yet and figured I would get a jumpstart on everyone on who ordered early.

The only problem is that Compusa must have changed their shipping policies becuase the guy on the phone said he couldn't ship me one until March 15th! -despite the fact some stores actually had them in inventory -and not demos either!

So, for all of you on the waitlist, go ahead and check out your local Compusa (do it online and then call for verification) you might luck out and get one right away. I would drive to the one in San Diego if it was at all possible and closer.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    I hope so. I pre-purchased one at my local CompUSA, I think I am number 6 or 7 on the list and am anxiously awaiting the call to come pick it up!

Thanks for the heads up

Delosic
  • Reply 2 of 5
    [quote]Originally posted by jobagangles:

<strong>I knew this would happen! Compusa has a neat feature that will let you search the inventory of various stores. I live in Honolulu and purchased a powerbook from a New Hamshire store in the first week Apple began shipment. Needles to say Compusa got me my G4 powerbook before the apple store did, despite placing my order on the day of the keynote.

So I figured I would try the same thing with the new imac. Sure enough I found several stores with "limited quantities" on hand. I even called up two locations to verify the unit was actually in stock. (New Hampshire had them, so did Encintas in California and the San Diego super store too!) -Each had 3-4 in stock. I got very excited since I did not order one yet and figured I would get a jumpstart on everyone on who ordered early.

The only problem is that Compusa must have changed their shipping policies becuase the guy on the phone said he couldn't ship me one until March 15th! -despite the fact some stores actually had them in inventory -and not demos either!

So, for all of you on the waitlist, go ahead and check out your local Compusa (do it online and then call for verification) you might luck out and get one right away. I would drive to the one in San Diego if it was at all possible and closer.</strong><hr></blockquote>

i went to compusa a week ago to buy a mouse, and i was surprised to see they even had a display model imac up. the sales guy said they had gotten in exactly TWO units, which of course sold out pretty fast. i wondering if the workers get to buy one first...i was thinking of asking him that, but then i didnt.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    I'm number 25 or so on the Apple Clarendon (Virginia) Store iMac SD list and I was called yesterday to come in and pick mine up. So the new iMacs are slowly working their way out to the Apple stores.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    I was at CompUSA today in Raleigh, NC, and saw the new iMac in person for the first time... I'll reserve my thoughts until I've had time to think about it some more.

Anyway, the sales guy said they've pre-sold 25-30 units, but they won't be in until next week. The one unit they have is display only. I was actually impressed with how much the guy knew about macs... FWIW, he also said they've sold out of their entire stock of the new 800 and 933 PMs and that they have 8 pre-sold dual GHz machnines due in around the first of March... Looks like Apple is doing well, at least at this store. Our first Apple store in the area opens the middle of March at a new mall in Durham. Wonder how CompUSA will do after that?
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Sweet. I have been going to my local Comp USA, which is less than 3 miles from my house, every day now for about a week and a half, because they said they would have a display unit in about a week and a half ago.. Go figure. Anyways, today when I went in, they had this huge poster up for the iMac on one side, and the iPod on the other, along with other advertising paraphanelia (I think that's how you spell it) I picked up a few brochures for the new iMac, along with the larger ones, to hand out to some non-believers.. Anyways, my hopes are high that when I go in tommorow, I will see the glorious sight.