iTunes slow downer

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I know that there is a thread out there somewhere in vB land that asks this very question but I can't for the life of me find it. I'm in need of some software to slow down my iTunes music and output it slowed down. I've seen the Amazing Slow Downer, but it's got a clunky interface and doesn't work through iTunes. Ideally, it'd be like a plugin so I wouldn't even have to output the files. Does anyone know if there's anything like that out there? (BTW, the Amazing Slow Downer's slowing down without altering pitch is the exact thing I want, so something like that would be good). TIA.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    The amazing slow downer is the only program I know of that does this.

It is a clunky program though, and eats system resources like mad!

hopefully the UI will get an overhaul in the future, but I doubt it :/

As a tack on question to your post, does anyone know of any plugins for the iPod that enable you to do pitch shifting with the scroll whell?
  • Reply 2 of 6
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Those would both be VERY COOL!
  • Reply 3 of 6
    your best bet with pitch adjustment is using something like final cut express (maybe) to adjust your file, then convert using imovie or itunes to your desired format. i have no idea how well that would work, but thats all i can think of. and no, there ar eno plug-ins for ipod software at all, let alone ones that will let you adjust pitch.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    I've searched high and low for this kinds of audio tool before.

Unfortunately, ASD is the *only* reliable one out there.

There may be a free VST plugin somewhere, but I haven't found it.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Does anyone else have a lot of problems with ASD?

Whenever I use it, it amazingly slows down my computer, and then crashes.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by Wrong Robot

Whenever I use it, it amazingly slows down my computer, and then crashes.

There is a known "issue" that the programmer implemented in which if you use a pirated serial nmber, it accepts it and says nothing, but it makes the program wig out and throw erors at random points. Buying the full version "fixes" that issue.