Mac OS Xl (Humor)

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Apple is developing their new operating system, Mac OS 11. This new OS will be released in the summer of 04. The new OS is going to change the face of computing forever, and offer a new world of OS experience. What new features will the OS bring? A brand new interface, this means goodbye Aqua, and hello Neo. Neo is the code name for the new GUI Apple is developing, and will be constructed around the Red Globe file system. What is Red Globe? RG is an open source code which will enable superior performance than that of UNIX. Red Globe is being developed by Apple, and will be ported to the new G6 architecture. Neo will support not only Macintosh based applications, but will be flexable enough to support 16 and 32 bit applications in Windows. Therefore, Mac uses will now be able to run Windows apps from within the Macintosh environment, due to the flexable GUI. Restarting is now a thing of the past, thanks to the new plugins module. "Plugins" is a new technology that is being built into the new Finder. Instead of restarting the whole computer with the new variables set, certain hardware libraries can now be saved and archived, and automatically updated without effected the running system. This ensures developers new ways to design programs, and saves time and money. Interface will now be rendered in real time 3D, boasting a new architecture that uses the Video memory to output the graphics. Icons can be resized in real time, and spun around in 3D. Apple will also be introducing a new line-up of products, which will be integrated into the new OS. Lets all look forward to the next OS from Apple!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    Ummm...okay. I'm not sure whether to laugh or just not take you seriously. Why would OS X life be that short? The summer of 04? Too soon. Do you have any sources or are you just gonna post this without backing it up?
  • Reply 2 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by DMBand0026

Ummm...okay. I'm not sure whether to laugh or just not take you seriously. Why would OS X life be that short? The summer of 04? Too soon. Do you have any sources or are you just gonna post this without backing it up?

Actually, I found this on www.Macnn.com and found it quite humorous. I believe someone wrote it as a joke, because obvioulsy it cannot be for real.
  • Reply 3 of 10
    Don't feed them!
  • Reply 4 of 10
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Quote:

Originally posted by chickentooth

Actually, I found this on www.Macnn.com and found it quite humorous. I believe someone wrote it as a joke, because obvioulsy it cannot be for real.

Then why didn't you use quote tags and make it clear that you don't believe in it?
  • Reply 5 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by Chucker

Then why didn't you use quote tags and make it clear that you don't believe in it?

Blame the over-consumption of spiked eggnog.
  • Reply 6 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by Chucker

Agreed.

I'm editing the title, adding a (Humor) to the end.
  • Reply 7 of 10
    I almost took it seriously... don't sway such young mac minds
  • Reply 8 of 10
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    In macnn, someone "bettafish" posted things about MacOS X, Powerbooks and PowerMacs exactly as "chickentooth" did here. Same content. All threads have been locked of course. I presume it is the same person...
  • Reply 9 of 10
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    Quote:

Originally posted by PB

In macnn, someone "bettafish" posted things about MacOS X, Powerbooks and PowerMacs exactly as "chickentooth" did here. Same content. All threads have been locked of course. I presume it is the same person...

Why can't apple do something that radical, get a team together and announce it well ahead of its days. It would convert people and it would be success. So what if OS X doesn't last, if OS XI could be that good why wait? Bring it on Apple.
  • Reply 10 of 10
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacCrazy

Why can't apple do something that radical, get a team together and announce it well ahead of its days. It would convert people and it would be success. So what if OS X doesn't last, if OS XI could be that good why wait? Bring it on Apple.

Too bad it doesn't make sense at all.

Quote:

Apple is developing their new operating system, Mac OS 11. This new OS will be released in the summer of 04.

They can't release something as groundbreaking as this without doing at least a single developer preview one year in advance, which they haven't done. When it's released, they need support from developers; thus the developers need to know about it, which they don't.

Quote:

The new OS is going to change the face of computing forever, and offer a new world of OS experience. What new features will the OS bring? A brand new interface, this means goodbye Aqua, and hello Neo. Neo is the code name for the new GUI Apple is developing, and will be constructed around the Red Globe file system.

Where's the relation between a GUI and a file system? An OS can have many file systems and many GUIs (ex. GNU/Linux), one file system and one GUI (ex. Mac OS Classic), many file systems and one GUI (ex. Windows NT), one file system and many GUIs...

Quote:

What is Red Globe? RG is an open source code which will enable superior performance than that of UNIX.

According to this, Red Globe is an open source file system superior (in terms of speed) to UNIX. Well, Unix is not a file system. Sure, there's UFS, the Unix File System, but most Unixes support *many* file systems. OS X, for instance, does. There's HFS+, FAT32, UFS, NTFS (read-only), UDF, there's a plug-in for ext2...

Quote:

Red Globe is being developed by Apple, and will be ported to the new G6 architecture. Neo will support not only Macintosh based applications, but will be flexable enough to support 16 and 32 bit applications in Windows.

The GUI has something to do with the APIs?

Quote:

Restarting is now a thing of the past, thanks to the new plugins module. "Plugins" is a new technology that is being built into the new Finder.

Finder? You mean... kernel?

Quote:

Instead of restarting the whole computer with the new variables set, certain hardware libraries can now be saved and archived, and automatically updated without effected the running system.

Linux and others already do that. OS X *can* do it. The only reason it requires you to reboot after updates or driver installations is compatibility with old 3rd-party software.