Audio/Video Chat now with windows AIM and iChatAV?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Alright- one of my friends is running the new AIM beta for windows. Now a little "faded" green phone icon shows up next to her name, but I can't click on it.

There is a thread about it here.

I'm wondering if there is something to be announced at MWSF with AOL? Now being able to audio/video chat with AIM for windows users once the new AIM beta goes gold...

That would be really nice. Maybe the iSight will work with windows now too. Kinda like the iPod with music match first and then eventually apple bringing iTunes to windows.

The iSight will work with AIM for windows right now and eventually apple will port iChat to windows.

peace.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    If AOL builds their client to work with iChat AV, or Apple modifies their client to work with AOL's AV client then there is no need for a port of iChat by Apple.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    If the PC has audio capiblities, such as sound card allows it and has their system set up to receive audio, such as through netmeeting, then It'll will work. I've noticed on one of my buddies that they had a phone, I asked them if they had audio conference enabled, they said yes.

This maybe should be put into software, I think appleinsider should have a future software also.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    If its faded, it means that they're already having an audio/video conversation. They can only have one going at a time, so you can't click a faded phone icon to start one
  • Reply 4 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by psgamer0921

If its faded, it means that they're already having an audio/video conversation. They can only have one going at a time, so you can't click a faded phone icon to start one

No- they're not having an audio chat- it just shows the icon.

But yes- that does mean when they are an iChatAV user that they are having an audio conversation.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    Alright- I managed to get a few screen shots of the faded green icon...

and

I think at MW we're going to see something about this...
  • Reply 6 of 7
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    give me the ability to use MSN Messenger video conferencing and i'll be a happy camper...
  • Reply 7 of 7
    snip

sorry