[ANN] Dark Angel Archive Launch

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Today we are proud to announce the launch of Dark Angel Archive, the newest, and in our slightly biased opinion, the best Dark Angel fan site. With articles, character bios, an episode guide, forums, an image gallery, and much more, you are sure to find what you are looking for. We invite you to join our community.

Come visit us at http://www.darkangelarchive.com

We hope that you chose to make us your source for Dark Angel news and discussion on the net.

--The Dark Angel Archive Team

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    Shameless plug

8)

I watched that show a long time ago. Then it moved and I couldn't find it anywhere. It seems like all the good TV shows are being replaced by the next wave of "reality TV" shows. Bummer.
  • Reply 2 of 11
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    The concept seemed workable, but the execution was a disaster. Bad acting, bad episodes, juvenile scripts, stoopid characters.
  • Reply 3 of 11
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    What!? There were actual scripts? I was just staring at Jessica Alba.
  • Reply 4 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by Matsu

The concept seemed workable, but the execution was a disaster. Bad acting, bad episodes, juvenile scripts, stoopid characters.

Bingo.

You know as soon as they destroy the 'big evil' in the first season finale that the show is done for.

Jessica Alba and the kick-ass setup that the reporter had were the only redeeming qualities.
  • Reply 5 of 11
    nttntt Posts: 18member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Logan Cale

Come visit us at http://www.darkangelarchive.com

[/B]

I really liked the show, and appreciate all new websites dedicated to it. But with the show cancelled I don't see there being much longevity to your website... unless you try to keep the theme of the show creatively in some way?

There was some virtual season episodes written by fans somewhere... you could link to those if you can find them... and if you can find someone who can recreate the UI from Logan's computer you could have a theme... those sorts of things would certainly make the site more interesting and useful.

Glad to see more fans out there, and I hope that the site grows and maybe even introduces a few new people to the show.

--

ntt
  • Reply 6 of 11
    Phantom edit site!!!

What with DVD's and TIVO, and between the episodes and promo stuff that's out, and even a scene or two from some other series/movie with a similar atmosphere/setting, you could get fans to make new episodes from the existing material!

Try it yourself, it isn't easy, but your episodes could be at leat as good as anything from the original set.
  • Reply 7 of 11
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Dark Angel ... worthless.
  • Reply 8 of 11
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    I always wondered if my wife could tell I wanted to bang Jessica Alba while we were watching that show.

It was too dangerous to watch.

• Reply 9 of 11
    Isn't she 16 or 17 in those episodes? Are you Canadian or Polish, you dirty old man you.
  • Reply 10 of 11
    On semi-related note, I met Jessica Alba a while ago when I worked for Cirque de Soliel. I'd always give the celebrities their tickets and chat with them until the Cirques PR staff came and shooed me away. She's hot but the people she was with were quite ugly. Or maybe everyone just looks ugly standing next to her.