ipod isync question

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I just got back from the apple store after picking up my Alubook12 it needed a new hard drive, old one was defective, covered under warrenty. luckily all my music is on my ipod. I an worried that when i use isync to sync the ipod it will update my ipod with nothing, since i currently have no mp3's in itunes. if i am correct how can i get the music off the ipod onto my hard drive safely

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    iSync only deals with your Address Book and Calendar Information. You'll probably actually be able to restore all that stuff on your computer from the information stored on your iPod, if there is any.

Syncing your music is done through iTunes. As far as getting the information from your iPod to iTunes: I'm not sure if/how that could be done. Usually it only works the other way around. Someone else may have an idea on that.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Check out version tracker for programs that will move music from an iPod to your HD. More specifically, look here for a list of iPod utilities. Read the description of the app that is next to the name and research a few of them to find the one you like. Good luck.

Edit: Left something out. Search version tracker for iTunes or iPod or something like that to find more utilities like this.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    i belive 'podworks' is a good one for getting music off an ipod