Props to Apple

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I just wanted to show how happy I am with Apple right now. My superdrive freaked out in my powermac and started eating cd's. I called Apple about this and they said they'd send me a new one. I called them in the afternoon on the 31st. And the replacement came on the morning of the 2nd. I must say that i was shocked to get it so quickly. And on top of all that, my busted optical drive was a 2x and now I have a 4x.

Happy New Years

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    That's great to hear. Overall I think Apple does a good job in handling their repairs.
  • Reply 2 of 11
    Does this mean if your drive started eating CDs again, it would eat them twice as fast?
  • Reply 3 of 11
    nebagakidnebagakid Posts: 2,692member
    So, it would seem if you have to send in your computer, everything ****s up, but if you get something sent to you, everything is better!

god i hate those smileys....
  • Reply 4 of 11
    Had the white spots on my new 15 AL Powerbook, sent it in on friday afternoon, tuesday morning at 10am it's back, smokin' new screen, everything perfect and intact.

Apple repair rocks.

Charlie
  • Reply 5 of 11

• Reply 6 of 11
    thegeldingthegelding Posts: 3,230member
    Quote:

Originally posted by piwozniak

yes, there is a god....

g
  • Reply 7 of 11
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Hmm...
  • Reply 8 of 11
    kanekane Posts: 392member
    Quote:

Originally posted by thegelding

yes, there is a god....

g

I second that.
  • Reply 9 of 11
    ps5533ps5533 Posts: 476member
    are they usually that quick on all repairs?
  • Reply 10 of 11
    Depends on volume.... I think iPod repairs are a little behind now... when the white spots first came out, I think they had a backlog. Now they are used to replacing the screens, and there are fewer issues, so it goes pretty quick...
  • Reply 11 of 11
    ps5533ps5533 Posts: 476member
    Quote:

Originally posted by kyogen

Depends on volume.... I think iPod repairs are a little behind now... when the white spots first came out, I think they had a backlog. Now they are used to replacing the screens, and there are fewer issues, so it goes pretty quick...

thanks tex