Movie Script For Film Class In HS...Film Noir.

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
The Antics of Romantics or possibly Father, Daughter, Hooker, Goner

Mr. Fisher Bates-The Father of Cindy Bates. He secretly wants Cindy to marry into a similar social class and not into a lower one as she is obliviously about to do. A dark haired, two faced man that is wealthy and above all else, conniving and deceitful. He fails to see that his motivations are evil and twisted.

Cindy Bates- The daughter of Fisher Bates, Cindy is a carefree and ditsy girl. She is blind to the financials of her engagement with Norman Wells. She believes every word out of her father?s mouth and doesn?t consider for a second that he could be disapproving of her desire to marry Norman. Her only request of Norman is that he take her last name upon marriage, which he has no qualms about.

Norman Wells- Engaged to Cindy, Norman is driven by his passions. He has no doubts about his love for Cindy but sometimes questions himself if his love has arisen from subconscious dwellings on her financial position. Norman is not the most handsome man around but his charm and wit prove to make up for his physical shortcomings. Though Cindy is a classic pretty girl, Norman has felt more physical attraction to other woman before. Falls hopelessly, dangerously in love with two woman and must decide between the two, even if it means one must die to make room for only one girl within his heart and mind.

Ursela Lestat-Hired by Mr. Fisher Bates to seduce and ultimately destroy the relationship between Cindy and Norman. She is the classic Femme Fatale and comes off as the type of girl that Norman could never have but somehow now has the ability to obtain. She does such a good job of seducing Norman that she almost forgets it?s her job to do so. Tall and thin, long blonde hair, and a flair for the dramatic she is everything that Norman has ever desired in a woman.

SCENE 1-The Office Talk (Fisher and Cindy)

Pacing with a newspaper in hand, and a pipe in his mouth, Fisher calls for his daughter.

Cindy enters and stands in-front of her seemingly interested/disinterested father.

Fisher- Cindy darling, the wedding is in a week, are you still positive this is what you want dear? You know, this is the kind of mistake girls your age tend to make.

Her eyes widen and her body language is persuasive?

Cindy- Oh father, you know how in love I am with Norman, I have never been more sure of anything.

Fisher (concealing his disapproval)- You?re probably right, I?ve never seen you happier?you know I just want the best for you. I?m a loving father, what can I do? (Ends the sentence with a forced smile.)

Cindy-Oh daddy, I know you aren?t thrilled with Norman but if you just wait and see, he?ll work hard to make a nice life for me. I love you daddy and I know you want the best for me, but let me decide something for once in my life?because it is my life?and I love Norman.

Fisher-Well said darling, I know you?re probably right. Go on now though dear, I have to finish up some work here. A week from now I?ll be all a lone I guess?

Cindy-Yes, in a sense you will be a lone, but I don?t want to be anymore. (Exit Cindy)

SCENE 2-The Phone Call (Fisher and Ursela)

Fisher paces for a moment pondering his next mode of action, he flips through a phone book on his desk, looking for the number of a prostitute. He has hatched a plan to destroy the relationship between Norman and Cindy.

He looks through the pages of the book and sees ?Sanitation?, ?Motor Oil?, and then finally ?XXX Hotlines?.

Fisher places a call; dialing a wrong number he gets a Pizza place that tells him the special of the week. He redials and Ursela picks up.

Ursela-In a hysterically deep and sexy voice she answers, ?This is Ursela from YOUR WILDEST DREAMS, what can I help make come true for you today??

Fisher-Hello Ursela, my name is unimportant but if you?re willing to do something for me?eh ehm?nothing physical?for $20,000 dollars then we can continue. I need you to seduce someone, are you up to it?

Ursela-Well, I suppose but I?d need some more background honey.

Fisher-There is a man who is going to marry my daughter and I do not approve of him. I want you to make him fall in love with you, this is a partnership between you and I, us, you will get 5,000 now and 15,000 later if you do what I tell you. His name is Norman and he is a simpleton. He likes rich, pretty, and aggressive-blind him with your attraction to him. If you can?t do that, I?ll find someone else. He lives at 106 Blue Prospector Avenue. Don?t contact me, I?ll contact you.

You are pretty aren?t you? I forgot to ask if this was just a hotline. You never can tell with those, a pretty voice could mean nothing more than bald and 240 LBS of an oxygen assisted, wheel chair bound, transsexual.

Ursela-Laughs No honey, I?m for real?well, most of me.

Fades to next scene

SCENE 3-Ursela Meets Norman

Ursela steps out of a broken down old car (the grey 1986 Volvo) and walks (the kind of walk that is unnecessary when nobody is looking) towards the front door of Norman?s house. She knocks at the door, Norman opens it.

Cautiously

Norman-Hello, what can I do for you?

Uses a quick-witted lie to cover up her business at his house she says?

Ursela-Well, I was in the neighborhood and I thought I?d stop by to pay an old classmate a visit, remember me? Obnoxiously batting her eyelashes.

Norman-Pretending out of courtesy to remember her Ba, uh, haha, oh yes of course I remember you. I mean how could I forget? Scratches his head Mr. Cavenough?s fifth grade Math class?

Ceasing the opportunity to appear genuine

Ursela-Amazing, you remembered after all these years.

Norman opens the door some more, stands aside and waves her in

Norman-Well you?re no stranger, come on in, let?s catch up.

They go in to Norman?s house and sit at a breakfast table; he pours her some coffee in a frantic manner as he asks her if she wants some. He is obviously nervous in her stunningly beautiful presence

Ursela-So after all these years can I finally get that kiss?

Norman stopped the coffee pouring and stood nearly trembling, his back to her and slow to respond

Norman-Easily letting down his guard Well of course Ursela, I cant believe I had the chance and refused to kiss you back then?

Quick to explain the seemingly ancient circumstance

Ursela-I changed a lot after I moved away that year, you and I got close but I never got that kiss.

Ursela moves towards Norman and turns a simple childhood fulfilling dream into a passionate kiss. Strangely Norman decides not to push her away in lieu of his engagement to Cindy. He is overwhelmed by her; she has easily and quickly seduced Norman who now has reservations about his commitment to Cindy.

Norman-For a moment Norman stops, pushes her away and says, I can?t do this, I?m engaged to be married in just a weeks time now.

Ursela-Slyly says Well, that?s too bad because were older now, a kiss is a child?s dream, getting closer to you is admittedly now my womanly desire.

With the devil on one shoulder and the angel on the other, Norman has to decide between the two women. Many would think it would be a simple choice to go with the one he is engaged with, but the sheer beauty and aggressive personality has him captivated and drawn curiously to Ursela.

Norman-I think somehow the impossible has happened, you come here out of nowhere and I have fallen for you baby. When I kissed your beezer I felt different than I ever have before. Cindy? She?s three day old fish and I aint buyin? it. That was puppy love, If I had known I could be with you she?d never have been an option for me baby. Its you I want, if its me you?ll have.

Knowing her seduction methods had been successful; she closed the deal in dramatic fashion

Ursela-Ohhh Norman, by day I drift into dreams that engorge my head with fanciful notions...by night I am tortured by your divine childhood face. Flashback quickly to Norman as a gross looking young boy It is destiny that you and I are together.

Norman-You?re right baby, it is destiny. The stars have aligned and you?re my blinding sun, I?m starring right at you baby and all I know is that even if it kills me I?ll keep on looking.

Not realizing the irony in his words, Norman will indeed later have to kill, for his conscience is a horrible wreck and its only fix is to completely delete the existence of the one he once thought he loved, though this was never the intention of Fisher Bates, nor was it of Ursela?s.

Scene fades out as we see the crazy look in Norman?s eyes.

SCENE 4-The Murder

Norman knocks on the front door of the Bates mansion, Cindy opens it and tells Norman its ok to kiss her because daddy isn?t home. Norman enters.

Cindy-Norman comes in, my daddy is away and I want to kiss you!

Norman realizes this is the moment of truth; he pulls a vile from his breast pocket, uncharacteristically rushes into the kitchen, past Cindy and prepares two drinks. He pours the contents of the vile into a cup intended for Cindy. Cindy comes into the kitchen, not having seen the stunt pulled by Norman. Norman proposes a toast.

Norman-To our future together, as husband and wife!

In an old tradition and causing for a reversal of fortune, Cindy and Norman drink from each other?s wine glasses?not even realizing what has happened Norman berates Cindy before he is taken by the poison he doesn?t realize he?s taken. Norman lashes out.

Norman-Baby, we had something, something I thought would be forever. But a man is possessed not by love but by who loves him. I poisoned that drink of yours, you?ll be gone soon now baby. Before you go though I need to let you know why I did it.

I just met with an old classmate broad, we fell for each other like water into a garden, instant growth! Stammering and realizing the nonsense and incoherency of his own speech he tries to start over. What I mean is baby, she lit my fire like a bat out of hell. No, why is this so hard. Starting again Baby, when we?re through here Ursela and I are gonna be wearing gold plated diapers.

In a shocked and misunderstanding laugh

Cindy-What does that even mean?

Trying to play it off coolly

Norman-Never question Norman Bates.

Cindy knows that Norman is completely insane and has, himself taken the poison. She takes the final moments of their time together to let him know that she abhors him.

Cindy-Norman, my father was right all along, you aren?t good enough for me. You took the poison because you weren?t high class enough to think about the proposition of a toast and how to perform a real toast. You?ve killed yourself, now you can?t have anybody; it is you who will be a lone now. And by the way, your name is not Norman Bates, its Norman Wells and right now they?re overflowing with poison, goodbye darling.

In the shadows of the back of the room, Mr. Fisher Bates had been over-watching the whole scene unfold, never letting his presence be known. He turns his back to call the police to report the death. Cindy breaks down crying and we fade to Ursela walking down a street-lamp lit sidewalk, into the night.

Fade to black

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    its a good thing i didnt feel like reading that. i am sure its good.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    dmband0026dmband0026 Posts: 2,345member
    First of all...how did you post that? It's over the max amount of characters a junior member can post (I think). That was over 11000 characters...hmmmm....

Second...I'm glad I didn't feel like reading that either.