Race you to Ohio!!!

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Holy crap... the lady who won last weeks Mega Millions jackpot of $162 million lost her ticket!

CNN

I actually won the lottery for the first time last saturday. I bought 3 scratch off tickets and won $29 on the last one. This is only the second time I'd purchased scratch off tickets... I'd say I'm up so far as the lottery is concerned. Should I buy 29 more tickets or quit while I'm ahead?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    dmband0026dmband0026 Posts: 2,345member
    I would say quit while you are ahead. More people get into trouble by blowing their hard earned money on the lotto with the false hope they are gonna win.

Did that lady look in her refrigerator? Thats probably where her ticket is.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Akumulator

I actually won the lottery for the first time last saturday. I bought 3 scratch off tickets and won $29 on the last one. This is only the second time I'd purchased scratch off tickets... I'd say I'm up so far as the lottery is concerned. Should I buy 29 more tickets or quit while I'm ahead?

You shouldn't have played in the first place, and you shouldn't play again, from an expected value perspective anyway.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Finders keepers ...
  • Reply 4 of 7
    akumulatorakumulator Posts: 1,111member
    Hmmm... different lady claims ticket. You think she found it?

CNN
  • Reply 5 of 7
    drewpropsdrewprops Posts: 2,321member
    At first blush? No.

I watched video of the winner and the "ticket loser" tonight and I think that the woman who "lost" the ticket is trying to pull the lamest scam in a long time. It's easy: say you lost a ticket and report it to the police to establish an alibi. When the number is called out say "hey, that was my number!!".

1. Did she report the number she picked to the police?

2. Did the alleged winning ticket's payout options match the payout options on the winning ticket?

3. If she lost the ticket why didn't she go back and buy another one with the same ding dang numbers?

4. In the video the "ticket loser" is blinking like crazy and looking everywhere but directly at the camera. Very sketchy.

I would counter-sue the "ticket loser" for defamation after my first payout.

I'm not calling the "ticket loser" an out-and-out would-be thief.

Yet.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    Lotto is a tax for the mathematically-challenged.

-anonymous/bumper sticker

Still, $162M worth of G5s would spank Virginia Tech, wouldn't it?
  • Reply 7 of 7
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Well of course this woman was lying. Now she's being charged with filing a false report.

Woman charged over lost lottery ticket claim

They should find her guilty and force her to attend gamblers anonymous or something like it.

Oh wait! That would force the government to admit the lottery is gambling.