Equations in Mellel ?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I want to paste equations from a math editor (MathType, MathEQ, the old Expressionist, etc) to Mellel.

When I try with Expressionist (old OS 9 app), the equations aren't aligned with the text in Mellel. The same equation paste perfectly in an old version of Nisus (OS 9 app).

Can you paste equations in Mellel, that get aligned with the text ? How ?

Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    jginsbujginsbu Posts: 135member
    I can't answer this for you myself, but you're best off asking on the Mellel list: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/redlex/

Good luck!

FYI, Mellel 1.7 was annouced today. Might not do anything for your problem, but then again...
  • Reply 2 of 2
    jginsbujginsbu Posts: 135member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kali

Can you paste equations in Mellel, that get aligned with the text ? How ?

One thing you might want to check: When pasting something into Mellel, it will be inserted with the paragraph style from wherever you copied it. This is indicated by "Imported Paragraph Style" in Mellel's status portal. If you want the pasted element to have the same style as the surrounding text, you must select the pasted element (along with the surrounding text, if you like) and apply your paragraph style.

If you're new to Mellel, it does take a little getting used to a word processor designed around styles. While Mellel will allow you to apply formatting ad hoc, it's really not intended to be used that way. It's worth reading the documentation and fiddling a bit in order to understand how it works. Once you're adjusted, I think you'll find Mellel to be an excellent word processor.

Again, the best place to ask is on the Mellel list. Equations have been discussed there in the past, and I know that people on the list use Mellel for that kind of work. Someone there should have experience using Mellel with whatever equation editor you want to use, or at least be able to recommend alternatives that might work better.