PBs with COLOUR?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Is there a chance that we may see colour anodized PBs since the iPod mini is also Al and is available in 5 colours?

Perhaps not?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 22
    I don't think it's likely. If it ever happens, the iBook will get the colors, not the PowerBooks.
  • Reply 2 of 22
    whoamiwhoami Posts: 301member
    i think we'll be seeing a bunch of colored stuff this year!
  • Reply 3 of 22
    Colored (regular) iPods, colored Mice, colored G5s?
  • Reply 4 of 22
    akumulatorakumulator Posts: 1,111member
    I hope not.
  • Reply 5 of 22
    @homenow@homenow Posts: 998member
    The problem with colors, no mater how much marketing research is done, is that there is always one that does not sell that well and sits in the distribution chain that need to be cleared out at the end of the product cycle. What was the "dog" iMac color, lime green?
  • Reply 6 of 22
    Quote:

Originally posted by @homenow

What was the "dog" iMac color, lime green?

The dog? That was Blue Dalmation.
  • Reply 7 of 22
    @homenow@homenow Posts: 998member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Spunkmeyer

The dog? That was Blue Dalmation.

Yea, that was a bad one, along with "Flower Power" . How many of them did Apple have to sell off through auction houses to clear their supply chain because of $10 worth of plastic, and how much did that cost their profit margin per unit?
  • Reply 8 of 22
    billybobskybillybobsky Posts: 1,914member
    This is a major reason to have both in house stores (ie the apple store, both online and physically) and normal distribution channels. Production can be selectively geared towards demand. It is why apple has reduced inventory and often pre-announces products.
  • Reply 9 of 22
    nebagakidnebagakid Posts: 2,692member
    Oh man, get a matching iPodmini and iBook? That would be pretty kicking! I could see it now, that is a great idea

Just another "20th Anniversary Product" to follow up on those 1984-ad-posters being given away at the keynote, which is the first "20th Anniversary Product" (according to SJ)

NOTE: Someone please find out the best colors to use to copy the iPodmini colors?
  • Reply 10 of 22
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    The iPod mini is definitely an accessory, so it can come in colors. Computers, generally, are not, although I won't complain if Apple reintroduces a portable as striking as the clamshell iBooks were.

I hope they've got the logistics of offering different colored models down better. They pissed a lot of retailers off with the "packs" of lifesaver iMacs.
  • Reply 11 of 22
    crusadercrusader Posts: 1,129member
    Eh, I don't see Apple offering Powerbooks in colors. Maybe iBooks down the line, but not Powerbooks. Who says just accessories have to come in color? I often see people get different color choice on cars, and I don't believe motor vehicles are accessories (lol, just yanking ya around a bit). It would be cool if I could get a Powerbook in Daytona Blue (ala that 350Z I want). Why stop at colors? Why not offer flames and other decals?
  • Reply 12 of 22
    i'll take a red one.
  • Reply 13 of 22
    jadejade Posts: 379member
    How about a BTO option: maybe a sky blueannodized aluminum with fluffy white clouds! And matching mousepads and screen savers to accessorize!
  • Reply 14 of 22
    I forget what magazine I was reading, but Apple holds a Patent for laptops being able to change colors on the fly. The issue had a bunch of other patents that I don't recall, I was just skimming the mag. I am sure someone out there knows what I am talking about.
  • Reply 15 of 22
    kroehlkroehl Posts: 164member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Crusader

Eh, I don't see Apple offering Powerbooks in colors. Maybe iBooks down the line, but not Powerbooks. Who says just accessories have to come in color? I often see people get different color choice on cars, and I don't believe motor vehicles are accessories (lol, just yanking ya around a bit). It would be cool if I could get a Powerbook in Daytona Blue (ala that 350Z I want). Why stop at colors? Why not offer flames and other decals?

Like these?

I'll take my racerBook in red with flames and number 666 applied thankyouverymuch
  • Reply 16 of 22
    ~ufo~~ufo~ Posts: 245member
    Quote:

What was the "dog" iMac color, lime green?

OI!!!!!!!!!!

Key Lime was the bestest color ever ! ! !

you take that back !
  • Reply 17 of 22
    Now, now.

Everybody knows that Ruby red was the peak of apple innovation. Whatever they are planning to do going forward, nothing will ever top the sheer uninhibited luscious sensuality of ruby red.

• Reply 18 of 22
    ~ufo~~ufo~ Posts: 245member
    ruby red was indeed very good too

i don't really like these asian style colours the mini ipods have...

but i guess I'd have to see them to know
  • Reply 19 of 22
    jahyjahy Posts: 54member
    The first thing that came to mind reading this was a silly vision of someone going "Asian?!? They're ****ing pastel"

Anyway, are they asian? Are they pastel?
  • Reply 20 of 22
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    Quote:

The problem with colors, no mater how much marketing research is done, is that there is always one that does not sell that well and sits in the distribution chain that need to be cleared out at the end of the product cycle. What was the "dog" iMac color, lime green?

the worst sellers of the colored apple hardware pieces were strawberry (you REALLY had to want pink), blue dalmatian and flower power, in no particular order (because i don't know what they were). key lime actually sold quite well, as did orange variants. very bold colors, whether you like them or not.

damn, i sound like carson...