please bring back Fireside Chat

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
and have a default that places all threads with DEAN or BUSH in FSC please....it is already starting to get bad, and will get much worse...\\

thanks

g

Comments

• Reply 1 of 17
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Quote:

Originally posted by thegelding

and have a default that places all threads with DEAN or BUSH in FSC please....it is already starting to get bad, and will get much worse...\\

thanks

g

Well perhaps we should censor the words Bush and Dean
  • Reply 2 of 17
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member

It's not for nothing that Powerdoc receives the many accolades he does.
  • Reply 3 of 17
    baumanbauman Posts: 1,248member
    I like it. Four smilies for each.
  • Reply 4 of 17
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    Make it a forum within this forum. Like MacNN does (or did - I haven't been there in ages) in the Lounge. Seriously. To siphon off some of these threads. I'll moderate (some of the nutcases who would post there NEED a psychologist).
  • Reply 5 of 17
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    You're all lucky I haven't posted 1,000 threads about the NH Primary.

Going to help out at a Clark rally Saturday in Milford serving Pancakes. MMMMMMMMMMMMM Pancakes.....
  • Reply 6 of 17
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    I think we should have a new forum for car-related threads. They just drive me crazy. And sports. Ugh. I just can't stand the thought of people arguing about sports in threads in AO. Even if I don't click on them, just seeing the titles bothers me. Please do something about it! Protect me from these threads!
  • Reply 7 of 17
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    some psychologists need a psychologist. haha. a sub-forum would be a discussable idea, in my opinion.
  • Reply 8 of 17
    jonathanjonathan Posts: 312member
    I kind of like the idea of a subforum.

Not completely seperate.

Not called fireside chat.

Moderated by those who'd actually like the job...

Give it a few days.
  • Reply 9 of 17
    billybobskybillybobsky Posts: 1,914member
    Why not a 1 year blackout of AO.
  • Reply 10 of 17
    dmband0026dmband0026 Posts: 2,345member
    Quote:

Originally posted by billybobsky

Why not a 1 year blackout of AO.

Careful what you wish for! If the posting keeps up the way it is in AO, I'm not sure that the servers will be able to handle it. And I know quite a few people who would be really pissed that they didn't have anywhere to post their ramblings about non computer related stuff.

As for the mods...who would do it? Would current mods be given double duty or would new "temporary mods" be picked? Even though I am at the bottom of the list , I volunteer for the job. Torifile and I would rock the new forum's world.
  • Reply 11 of 17
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Defiant

some psychologists need a psychologist. haha. a sub-forum would be a discussable idea, in my opinion.

Yeah, that BRussell guy needs some HELP.
  • Reply 12 of 17
    or you could make it invisible, like that tension-relieving one
  • Reply 13 of 17
    dmband0026dmband0026 Posts: 2,345member
    Quote:

Originally posted by curiousuburb

or you could make it invisible, like that tension-relieving one

Uhhh...not so sure that's a great idea, you saw all the trouble that one caused. We don't need anything more like that.
  • Reply 14 of 17
    jwri004jwri004 Posts: 626member
    How exactly was it hidden???

All you had to do is look at new posts and there it was. I can't remember the last time I really looked at the main forum page!
  • Reply 15 of 17
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    I like my idea best, but you all will probably never know.
  • Reply 16 of 17
    guestguest Posts: 112member
    But Eugene, if we close all of the forums, how will those of us with no lives find any meaning without AI?
  • Reply 17 of 17
    midwintermidwinter Posts: 10,060member
    I think we should have a forum where individual people could come in and start little mini-forums type things that are each dedicated to the discussion of one topic in a sequential manner. It'd be really cool. That way, if someone wanted to start a mini-forum, or let's just call them "threads" for now, they could log in, give the "thread" an appropriate title and content, and then other members could post their thoughts in response. It'd be great! Maybe you guys could do something like this.

Oooh! And then, if a "thread" got off topic, the moderators could come by and "lock" it and let it slip off the front page. No, wait. You can't "lock" a "thread." That's a mixed metaphor. Moderators could "knot" it.

Cheers

Scott