Clark/Dean, Tied among Democrats

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
http://www.nydailynews.com/front/bre...p-134443c.html

It's a statistical dead heat nationally, now we just have to see how things go state by state.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    jonathanjonathan Posts: 312member
    Clark would pull republican votes.

Dean will not. A Dean nomination, in my opinion, virtually guarantees another 4 years with Bush.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    crusadercrusader Posts: 1,129member
    I hope Dean wins the nomination. Clark is too much of a Clinton, um, hmm can't think of the right word. I like Dean's anger and resolve, and changing party lines is always a good thing (not necessarily for the party). Of course I am a registered Republican, so my views on a purely internal democratic struggle are not as clear as it would be for someone else. Anything that might bring Hillary into the office of the President of The United States makes my blood run cold. I wouldn't mind David Palmer from 24 however.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    I really don't believe this poll. Every other national poll I've seen has Dean by at least 10 points. I did notice that Clark is overtaking Kerry in NH for second place, though.

I think Clark is looking for the Bush 2000/Clinton 1992 scenario - come in second to Dean in NH, and then win several of the next week's states, like SC and Arizona.

But yeah, a Democrat who cares about winning has to be crazy to root for anyone but Clark.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    chu_bakkachu_bakka Posts: 1,793member
    In head to head national polls both Dean and Clark do almost exactly the same against Bush. And better than most of the rest buy 2-4 points. Depends on which poll too.

So according to the polls there's no proof that Clark would do exceptionally better than Dean.

Both are within 2-6% of Bush.

I suspect the homestretch for the nomination will come down to Clark and Dean.