New e-mail scam

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Funnier as hell this. I particularly like the "Brothers and sisters" intro.

Quote:

Dear Brothers and Sisters,

If you have ever looked for an opportunity that would take care of your family for the rest of there lives then you must review this. It is one of the top 3 strongest financial opportunities I have ever seen in my lifetime I can assure you that this will NOT be a waste of your time. The world is going wireless and we will be the first wireless company to provide a nationwide wireless backbone. This will happen in just a matter of months.

Be sure and read this whole document in its entirety.

All services are plug and play. We will offer wireless Internet service 10 times faster than DSL or cable lines where people can travel anywhere with their laptop or computer and stay connected for only about $49.95 a month. Now because of our speeds we will also offer wireless phones through IP telephony for calling worldwide with no long distance and unlimited calling worldwide for also about $49.95 a month. There will be wireless Cable TV, Movies and more through the same connection. There will be package deals for the consumers and everything all on one bill by one company.

This new paradigm in technology is revolutionary to say the least. It uses radio waves instead of cellular and we can send our signal for many miles where other companies in the same field can only send there signals for a 300 foot radius. We also already have almost 2% of the US population as subscribers on our DSL service waiting to become wireless at the same price and we as license holders will get paid on those who live in our area. Revenue is already built in; multi-million dollar commercial ad campaigns are ready to start and many different fortune 500 and 100 companies who are sponsoring the project.

The only problem with this is that we expect to take a very large percentage of the business for all 3 of these major markets and if we were to go live on our own then we would be deemed a monopoly and get anti-trust suits filed. The only way around this is to bring a few thousand regular people and small businesses in and share revenue with them. If the people own a portion of it then that won't happen.

Our company has already offered the opportunity to all of our own friends and family first and those who could afford it have already gotten in. We only need about another 500 people to share revenue with outside of the larger corporations who will buy up the rest of the licenses when we are finished. The opportunity is simple. You purchase a license for only $10,000 to share revenue on your licensed area which will pay you over $5,000 a month per license based on only 100 subscribers which is about 1/3 of a percent of the potential for these areas. You can choose your area based on the available locations on our map. It will also show you the populations and house values based on the year 2000 census reports for those areas. Licenses are expected to go up to over $50,000 after a number of nationwide press releases and well worth the opportunity.

If you are interested in learning more then you can fax the attached word document to this email over to: 1-407-650-3437 You must fill out the entire document and sign it. It is attached to this email. You may also call and read the attached document on the voice mail filling in the blanks as you read however faxed documents will be called before messages will.

Chances of the attched Word doc being a virus

I like all the buzzwords like "DSL" and "paradigm"!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    all it needs is Nigerian Banking Info and it's a winner.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    dmband0026dmband0026 Posts: 2,345member
    Quote:

Originally posted by curiousuburb

all it needs is Nigerian Banking Info and it's a winner.

All e mail scams are winners, because some people out there are actually stupid enough to send half their life savings to a Nigerian bank account.

But I do agree, without the Nigerian stuff...this one just doesn't compare.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    crusadercrusader Posts: 1,129member
    lol, that's pretty good. I still like the Earthlink frauds where they ask you to update your credit card information and give you a link that takes you to earthlink.net. Clever bit is how they have a script set up so when you run it in Outlook in Windows, it goes in and changes the DNS file on your computer to point to the scammer's webserver which looks very legit. I do have to hand it too some of them, they are getting pretty good.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    Man for a second I thought it was going to be an 800 number and I'd call it.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Quote:

The only problem with this is that we expect to take a very large percentage of the business for all 3 of these major markets and if we were to go live on our own then we would be deemed a monopoly and get anti-trust suits filed.

Sound like it was written by the same person that wrote dot com buisness plans.

"Hey we may only be three 17 years boys but we got a great idea. All we have to do now is to deside who is getting the Playboy mansion when we have world domination"