Monitor Advice

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
If you had to choose, which monitor setup would you take?

Two 19" CRTs running at 1280x1024

OR

One 22" CRT running at 1600x1200

The price is nearly identicle for either setup. (LCDs are not an option for me, as I do not care for them.)

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    dmband0026dmband0026 Posts: 2,345member
    Being a fan of spanning as I am, I would have to go with the two 19". Can you do a better resolution than that though? They should be capable of 1600x1200, although 1280x1024 should be sufficent. The dual setup would give you quite a bit more screen real estate, and everything wouldn't have to be quite so small.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    I personally find going back and forth between 2 displays annoying. Having one very large work area is nice.

Depends on what you are doing though, of course.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    progmacprogmac Posts: 1,850member
    i agree with the murbot, go for the 22. i find that when i have two displays i tend to use mainly one, the other as a sort of secondary display, thus wasting a lot of screen real estate a lot of the time. but yes, it depends what you will be doing. you're talking to someone who is happy with a single 17"
  • Reply 4 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by progmac

...happy with a single 17"

I use a 13.1" on my main box -- happy? It was free so I'm content.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    I have my 15" PowerBook display and another 17" LCD right beside it...I thought I was going to get a G5

But I can say I almost never use the 2nd display, I use it basically to play movies on while I'm doing other stuff. I will say it is annoying that DVD Player can't run full screen on one monitor wile doing stuff on another.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Quote:

Originally posted by murbot

I personally find going back and forth between 2 displays annoying. Having one very large work area is nice.

Depends on what you are doing though, of course.

Same opinion. Except for some tasks like video editing, one big screen is more ergonomic than two screens.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    dmband0026dmband0026 Posts: 2,345member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Powerdoc

Same opinion. Except for some tasks like video editing, one big screen is more ergonomic than two screens.

Yea, I guess I should have considered the kind of tasks you are planning on doing before I replied. If you are just doing "normal" computing tasks (email, web, word processing, iPhoto, iTunes) than a single display will be the very best for you...however, if you, like me, do a lot of Final Cut Pro, photoshop, Soundtrack...ect than a dual setup will suit you best. No sense in overkill for web surfing. My original opinion was biased