"1984" Then and Now

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Here's a side by side comparison in Quicktime of the commercial.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    baumanbauman Posts: 1,248member
    Heh, I never noticed that they beveled the Apple logo at the end of the new one. It's a nice touch on a nostalgic look.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    Is it just me or does it look like they reshot the woman and composited her in with shake. Looking side by side the new version looks like a thinner woman. Of course I could just be crazy.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member
    Same woman. But could be from different take.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    I hate to sound tacky, but that woman is built like a house!

And yes, she does look leaner and more muscular in the new version (stop the video on that shot of her running toward the camera and look at her shoulders, arms, etc.).

Who knows. Hell, they inserted an iPod, so there's no telling what else they could've done...

Digital breast augmentation seems a definite.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    baumanbauman Posts: 1,248member
    Quote:

Originally posted by pscates

I hate to sound tacky, but that woman is built like a house!

And yes, she does look leaner and more muscular in the new version (stop the video on that shot of her running toward the camera and look at her shoulders, arms, etc.).

Who knows. Hell, they inserted an iPod, so there's no telling what else they could've done...

Digital breast augmentation seems a definite.

Nah, it's just sharper.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacsRGood4U

Same woman. But could be from different take.

Its just that the resolution of the new video is much better. The two versions are off by like two frames.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    thuh freakthuh freak Posts: 2,664member
    Quote:

Originally posted by pscates

...stop the video on that shot of her running toward the camera and look at her shoulders, arms, etc....

i didn't notice she had shoulders or arms. i was just ogling the jubblies. barely noticed the ipod until others pointed it out. for whatever reason, the old ad seems more appealling to me.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    I don't think they enhanced the jugs at all, just cleaned up the whole think quite a bit.