Macworld, from a different viewpoint

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    i found this image especially, um, whoa...

• Reply 2 of 7
    lainlain Posts: 140member
    Quote:

Originally posted by rok

i found this image especially, um, whoa...

http://gearmedia.ign.com/gear/image/macworldInline2.jpg

Jup, Apple's new small keyboards to be used by "little people"
  • Reply 3 of 7
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    Quote:

Originally posted by tonton

So does ATI have a control panel setting for portrait orientation? Or is it a third-party portrait solution? This is awesome! There hasn't been a good portrait mode software for Mac for years!

this is the ATi booth, so i am betting it's their solution.

by the way, it is worth pointing out that when asked about an iMac that could switch from landscape to portrait, Steve Jobs himself said, and i (apporximately) quote, "it's a limitation with the driver software."

so if that's been eliminated, guess what...

i bet the imac will allow 90 degree swivel by the end of the year, and that will be wicked cool (and way easier than the old radius monitors that used to do the same trick.... they were really cool to behold, but they were pretty damn heavy to be swivelling like that)
  • Reply 4 of 7
    kennethkenneth Posts: 832member
    Quote:

Originally posted by tonton

So does ATI have a control panel setting for portrait orientation? Or is it a third-party portrait solution? This is awesome! There hasn't been a good portrait mode software for Mac for years!

It's from ATI. VERSAVISION is currently only available for RADEON 9800 Pro Mac Edition.

IMPORTANT_INFORMATION for_the

ATI_RADEON_Mac Software Update
  • Reply 5 of 7
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    On XP my roommate's PC from a few years ago witha GeForce 4 Ti something can do this, so why can't Apple Macs with GeForces? That would be awesome to add to iMacs. Is NVIDIA just giving us the shaft or is it something else?