in Genius Bar edited January 2014
HA! No one else can make fun of me now!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    baumanbauman Posts: 1,248member
    Erm... on an x86 processor?
  • Reply 2 of 10
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    I had to re-read what you said a couple times and after laughing I thought maybe you just didn't ask what you wanted very clearly.

It is completely impossible to boot a PC off of OS X.

But if you are asking if you can use your PC Hard Drive in your mac then your answer is yes. Just put the HD in your mac (jumper settings correct, power connected, IDE connected) and you can recognize it and partition it with Disk Utility. THen you have that hard drive all to yourself and can make fun of your PC when you walk buy it that is less of a computer without a HD.
  • Reply 3 of 10
    Dam*, I thought I had a way to get a mac for only $129!

Oh well....
  • Reply 4 of 10
    right...
  • Reply 5 of 10
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    May a mod lock...ney delete this thread before anyone sees it and gets to make fun of you.
  • Reply 6 of 10
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    well he is not far from the mark... there are plenty of utilities (and a whole website if I'm not mistaken) to make your current PC look like a mac...

but that still misses the main point that the whole point of getting a mac is that things are done RIGHT... not because it looks nice (although I must admit that does help)...
  • Reply 7 of 10
    dmband0026dmband0026 Posts: 2,345member
    Just wait till OS X for windows...I mean longhorn comes out in 2008. It will look like OS X, but still suck as bad as previous Windows releases. Or you could just save yourself the trouble of waiting 4 years and buy a Mac now
  • Reply 8 of 10
    I know really... with some creative pirating, and a good story about a "bankrupt business looking for capital" (as a reason to sell)

you can make some good bank on that Dell on Ebay...
  • Reply 9 of 10
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ast3r3x

May a mod lock...ney delete this thread before anyone sees it and gets to make fun of you.

Oh heck no. This is comedy GOLD my friends!
  • Reply 10 of 10
    informative "apple" on windows thread...

http://forums.appleinsider.com/showt...343#post525343