Can't find crazy creepy website... help?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
A long time ago (I want to say more then a year, but it could be less, it could be double) I stumbled across this website that would "design" a relationship for you... basically letting you "buy" a "soulmate"...

that is you gave them basic information about some person that you knew (or saw or whatever) and then they would "evaluate" (read: stalk the crap out of her and everything about her) her "compatibility" with you (read: they looked up an you too to make sure you didn't **** things up with her).

This site was pretty twisted, but in an odd way kind of interesting.... just the idea that something like that was even possible...

It may have been a sham, it may have been a joke... but I am looking for the link and I can't find it...

I'm fairly sure (40%) that I linked to it here once a while ago (hell I could have originally gotten the link from here) and I'm wondering if anyone has heard of it...

the website was really detailed so I'm reluctant to think that it was a hoax or joke or fake because it was very well designed and took a long time to make...

anyone know what I am talking about?

30 min of google searching/searching of AI hasn't helped so I'm asking you guys...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    ibrowseibrowse Posts: 1,749member
    Never heard of it, but it sounds kinda cool...
  • Reply 2 of 3
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    it was crazy... you had to pay like a 5 figure "deposit" that would go towards the third "stage". Then they would do stage 1 (which entailed getting background information about you and the person you wanted to "fall in love with") and that cost about 5 grand I believe...

when that was finished you got a choice if you really wanted to continue doing this (and what that would entail)... if that was the case you paid for stage 2 (where they setup a "coincidence" where you two would both be stuck in an elevator or something, they would have it all planned out)

they would tell you things to bring up and everything...

If you didn't want it you would get your deposit back for part 3 (I believe they help you pop the "question" (marriage...)) and would never hear from them again...

also if they deemed that you were "incompatible" with your "choice" (meaning she already had an opinion (I guess a bad one) about you or she already found out that you were stalking her !) they would refund your deposit and that would be it... unless you had someone else in mind... I think they would give you a discount were that to happen...

as the relationship developed you would hear from them for pointers and stuff... but that would only be if you were screwing things up... they would basically be an anonymous observer... that description was a riot... things like giving you flowers (the ones she likes!) on your anniversary to give to her when you inevitably forget since you are too busy to get a "real" girlfriend...

the service was being catered to professionals that "didn't have time" to pursue the beginnings of a relationship and were willing to pay the premium (it was plenty expensive, I think the total was around $200,000) for their services...

the best part about the whole site was the FAQ... there would be things like... "isn't this stalking" or "what about true love" really good stuff... I want to send it to a friend of mine as a joke... BUT I CAN'T FIND IT !!

come on.. I'm sure I'm not the only person who saw this site and I'm (fairly) sure that I'm not making this up/crazy...

I'm also fairly sure that it was for real... unless it was some REALLY elaborate hoax... but I doubt it...
  • Reply 3 of 3
    chu_bakkachu_bakka Posts: 1,793member
    Sounds like a twisted form of emode.