iLife "It's like Microsft Office for the rest of your life"

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Apple has:

"It's like Microsft Office for the rest of your life"

One their home page

Would they not have to use:

"Microsoft, Microsoft Office, and Windows are U.S. registered trademarks of Microsoft Corp."

If they use any name owned by Microsoft ?

lol, (to cover myself) "Microsoft, Microsoft Office, and Windows are U.S. registered trademarks of Microsoft Corp."

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    progmacprogmac Posts: 1,850member
    when they first listed their iLife online, didn't it say "it's Microsoft Office for the rest of your life?" I remember reading the headline and being like, "huh? free microsoft office for life?" Either I misread it, or they added the "like" in recently
  • Reply 2 of 10
    i doubt microsoft cares, its basically saying kudos to you microsoft you're office package is awesome.
  • Reply 3 of 10
    kennethkenneth Posts: 832member
    Quote:

Originally posted by kraig911

i doubt microsoft cares, its basically saying kudos to you microsoft you're office package is awesome.

Then AppleWorks has no life!
  • Reply 4 of 10
    crusadercrusader Posts: 1,129member
    Was anyone creeped out at the reference to M$ on the Apple homepage? I was...
  • Reply 5 of 10
    I was too...
  • Reply 6 of 10
    kraig911kraig911 Posts: 912member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kenneth

the way apple treats appleworks it does...

with microsoft on our platform we are strong dude, with their office on our platform it leads to a huge amount of credibility and makes people think to consider us as a option to their computing needs.
  • Reply 7 of 10
    homhom Posts: 1,098member
    Wasn't part of the 1997 deal that Apple could use MS trademarks in ads?
  • Reply 8 of 10
    frank777frank777 Posts: 5,839member
    I want to go on record as saying I dread the idea of using Microsoft Office for the rest of my life...
  • Reply 9 of 10
    crusadercrusader Posts: 1,129member
    Well it's not that bad. The stupid license verification crap they have implemented in Office XP is complete &^$# tho. Grrrr, I really hate having to call in to M$ to work the friggin issue out. Oh well, it's better than Word 6 for the Mac...
  • Reply 10 of 10
    dmband0026dmband0026 Posts: 2,345member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kenneth

Tell us something we don't know. Apple works is dead, and at this point a revival isn't looking too great. Maybe iWrite will be the "next big thing" from Apple? I'm with Frank on this one, I don't want to have to use office for the rest of my life, I'm holding on to Apple works 6 for dear life. Here is my personal plea to Apple: Please make a new word processing suite of programs! I HATE OFFICE!!!