Apple Porting DVD Authoring Applications To Windows?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
While looking at some temp jobs with Volt online I found this...

Quote:

Job Number:

300284-2647-13-88457

Cupertino, CA

Description:

Volt Services Group is looking for a Software QA. Must have experience testing DVD Authoring Software Applications.

Requirements:

Functional Testing of iDVD, test case authorizing and refinement, but reporting and isolation for additional ongoing iDVD projects. Must have DVD QA experience and have excellent written and verbal communications skills. Mac OS X or Windows.

Volt never say who their clients are but unless Adobe wants to make a consumer application to go after iDVD and copy it pretty much verbatim, this leads to an interesting question and discussion...

Then again, Adobe is in San Jose not Cupertino...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    jaredjared Posts: 639member
    Wow, near eighty views and no one cares?
  • Reply 2 of 5
    i dont think the windows part of that has anything to do with porting the app... they just want people with experience.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Jared

Wow, near eighty views and no one cares?

Looks that way.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    jaredjared Posts: 639member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ipodandimac

i dont think the windows part of that has anything to do with porting the app... they just want people with experience.

But what would there experience reference to with a Macintosh Quality Assurance position?

Apple hire people with Macintosh experience..the Mac OS and Windows would handle the software very differently.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    True, but there are probably a lot more people on the Windows side with "experience testing DVD authoring software applications." It wouldn't be that hard to pick up the Mac part on the job. QA is QA, once you know the expected behavior.

Besides, I can't imagine what Apple would gain from a port of iDVD. iChat AV? Sure. But not iDVD...