New Imac to my new comp

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I am seriously getting a mac but i really have the money now to get a imac and want one bad but i want it to be faster then my current PC i own the pc is a p4 1.5 GHZ with 128 mb rdram i have a geforce2 gts too

if it is not going to be much faster then i think i might have to save up for a power mac i know those are faster but i just want to get out of windows and into mac osx. but i want to be smart and do the right thing.

i will not be doing much with my new comp i will be doing a little photoshop here and there and maybe design a website one day but im only 15 so i got a long time. and i would play the mac games out cause i like some of them but i mostly play PS2 and i only play strategy games on computer like starcraft or diablo or age of empires 2 and hopefully warcraft 3 is the geforce 2 mx good enough?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    for those games, yes.

If you like to play quake3 without any FPS drop at 1024x768 then i would lean off it.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    The Gforce 2MX is a good enough card for all the games out there that I know of. Of course what the guy before me posted is true. As far as speed is concerned For what you are doing I doubt you will notice the difference between the PowerMac and the iMac. If you are planning on keeping the computer for a long time buy the PowerMac. You can upgrade them easily. You can get the get a 733Mhz powermac G4 and a 15" LCD for the same price as the imac. It won't be any better but you will be able to upgrade it as yoou go.

Hope this helps