Brand New Powerbook Keyboard Fault??!

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Hi,

Just unwrapped my brand new Powerbook 12" and the keyboard doesn't look like it's quite flat...

e.g. if I press 7, F9 and F10 wobble slightly...

Now this doesn't strike me as normal..

Has anyone ever seen this before?

TIA!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    I would imagine thad b kinda normal beacause it's a more flimsy, thinner keyboard than you wold find on a desktop computers. The material (plastic) esspically on laptop computers can be bent much easier. If it's to a point where you don't think that should be happening, take it to a apple service center and have them check it out. It'll be under warrenty.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    jwri004jwri004 Posts: 626member
    You might want to make sure the keyboard is seated properly as well.

Not sure if the keyboard is the same as on my TiBook by between esc and f1, and f11 and f12, there are two latches can you can pull back, so you can lift out your keyboard.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    naderbynaderby Posts: 131member
    It is a well documented problem with the keyboards not quite fitting. Check the Apple Support forums.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Quote:

Originally posted by naderby

It is a well documented problem with the keyboards not quite fitting. Check the Apple Support forums.

I had a problem like this (i might still). It's only been a few days so far since it was fixed for the 4th time. It took me about 3 months and 4 repairs (2 LCD's, 2 LCD chassis, 1 top chasis, 1 battery, and 4 keyboards total). It really turned me away from Apple. It was a huge inconvenience since I'm in college, but they wouldn't replace my laptop. I doubt I'll buy another Mac due to this fiasco.