Looking to get some webspace

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Since I got my iSight I have been recording many video clips of myself playing bass, on top of that, I expect to be needing ample space for garageband tracks once I get my grubs on it. Also it would be nice to have some webspace to share pictures and stuff.

I was thinking about getting .mac, but 100 MB really isn't that much, especially for $99 a year.

unless it is, I don't really know that much about this stuff, so If some people could give me some suggestions of well priced webspace with generous storage that'd be great. Bandwidth is also an issue,I don't want to have any bandwidth caps or usage limits, or, if I have to, then the ceiling should be as high as possible.

so what are some services out there?

is .mac really worth it?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    crusadercrusader Posts: 1,129member
    Do you care what kind of server you have hosting? Or would you prefer 2003 server, a *NIX, or an OS X server?

Personally I like using .Mac because of the iDisk integration within the finder. I keep almost all of my files on an external hard-disk, and I rarely have to share more than 75 megs of data at a time But hey, it's your money, so the decision ultimately lies with you.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Try Jatol

They have a variety of different plans at different prices, the tech support is superb - fast/helpful/friendly.

Best of all you can try before you buy.

Servers are *nix based with a graphic frontend to administer.

Got ripped off elsewhere before moving there
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Cornerhost is good also.

More expensive than Jatol though.