Apple and "Stuck On You"

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Did Apple pay to be the computer of choice in the Farrelley Bro's movie Stuck On You? Almost every scene had a 12" PB or a 15" Ti or a 23" cinema display. I loved the movie and also the publicity of Apple computers. Do the Farrelly Bro's love the Macintosh or were they paid? Oh, this movie is going to be a new classic, it is almost up there with Dumb and Dumber, which is untouchable, and SOMETHING about Mary, so go see it!!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    crusadercrusader Posts: 1,129member
    Hmm, maybe I should get out and see it then. Of course 24 takes the cake with mac appearances, and I think I saw a cinema display or two in X2. I doubt they get paid, but I could be wrong. Comeon what is the sexiest computer equipment out in the world? Apple. What do you want in your movie? Sexy. Bingo! Now if they had an ad with Heidi Klum and a PB 12 incher, I would need to go get a clean pair of pants
  • Reply 2 of 6
    dogcowdogcow Posts: 713member
    afaik apple oes not pay for any product placement, but will provide props for use in movies. I think they did pay for Mission Impossible way back, but not sure on that.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    A lot of tv shows use them. Macs just look better.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    cakecake Posts: 1,010member
    Most (or all) of the time, it's the Director, Producers or Writers who put them in a shot.

Back when I was working in TV a Line Producer who sat in on the mix sessions of a popular sitcom related ongoing stories of the battles between the Producers (Mac people) and the Production Designer (completely Anti-Mac).

Of course, you know who wins that battle.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by Cake

Most (or all) of the time, it's the Director, Producers or Writers who put them in a shot.

Back when I was working in TV a Line Producer who sat in on the mix sessions of a popular sitcom related ongoing stories of the battles between the Producers (Mac people) and the Production Designer (completely Anti-Mac).

Of course, you know who wins that battle.

I am suprised a production designer would be anti mac, arent they the one that are usually responsalbe for the look(sets, props,locations,ect) of the show? I would think they would want cool looking macs(except in places that are supposed to be dumpy or poor or evil or something) then again, even Dr Evil used macs.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    satchmosatchmo Posts: 2,699member
    Quote:

Originally posted by thedustin

Oh, this movie is going to be a new classic, it is almost up there with Dumb and Dumber, which is untouchable, and SOMETHING about Mary, so go see it!!

IMHO, it's a pretty lame movie...no where near the other two. You can only rehash the same formula so many times before it's no longer funny.

But, to each his own.