Watch out for iMovie4 floating currently

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Just tried iMovie4 that's currently floating around. It screwed up the first movie project I tried it in. The project would no longer open and there are files missing from within the project folder. I am not sure what the full story is. In any case, back up your project before you try iMovie4. I hope it's not going to be the same nightmares we had with iMovie3 release all over again...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    bartobarto Posts: 2,246member
    LOL... you didn't consider that maybe it is:

1) A beta version

or

2) Corrupted due to your downloading a 20th generation copy?

nothing to see here, move along
  • Reply 2 of 6
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    hmmm... i'll keep an eye on it... iPhoto seems to work great tho...
  • Reply 3 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by Barto

LOL... you didn't consider that maybe it is:

1) A beta version

or

2) Corrupted due to your downloading a 20th generation copy?

nothing to see here, move along

Nay, have you considered that:

1) I have a backup.

and

2) I was just providing a warning to those who might be less careful.

Plenty to learn and should think again.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    i would probably try out the new iPhoto if it "magically" appeared to my computer, but something as complex as iMovie, i would wait the couple of weeks for the official apple release...

g

never play with pre-release stuff unless you are willing to trash the file and start from scratch
  • Reply 5 of 6
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Jeez, guys...it's less than a week away from being officially (and legally) on the street.

Seems weird to get too torqued up about pre-release stuff ****ing up your system or projects. I can't quite seem to muster any sympathy whatsover.

I'll wait...
  • Reply 6 of 6
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    I guess the warning sentiment is good since it should highly encourage people to *not steal software*. If you decide to play with alpha, beta, or stolen versions of software, you're likely to get burned. Corrupted projects, files, viruses, etc.