pricewatch scam advice

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I think i have been scammed on a store i purchased a hard drive from pricewatch.com

Stupid thing is they never sent me a receipt through email and more stupid thing is i forgot to write the the name of the store, and i cleared my history. Is there anyone that can give me advice? If they do withdraw the money from the bank is it possible to get it back? or if they havent yet, to stop payment?

Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    so you don't know who you paid or how much you paid them?

other than doing another search and trying to find the vendor, you're out of luck.

if you find them, then you can try and get you info again from your e-mail address most likely.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    I keep a "Receipts" folder in my home documents folder which I always save the receipt page into it so I can keep track of online purchases. I know this isn't much of a help now, but for future refrence I always thought this was a good idea since for some whatever reason, some companies don't email you a receipt.

• Reply 3 of 5
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    "print" and "save as .pdf" are what I use... haven't failed me once...

and haven't I seen this thread somewhere else?

asterex... heh your home directory looks EXACTLY the same as mine... available space and all

thats crazy

well, not exact... but we have A LOT of the same folders, I'm just messy..
  • Reply 4 of 5
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    Quote:

Originally posted by jxfreak

I think i have been scammed on a store i purchased a hard drive from pricewatch.com

Stupid thing is they never sent me a receipt through email and more stupid thing is i forgot to write the the name of the store, and i cleared my history. Is there anyone that can give me advice? If they do withdraw the money from the bank is it possible to get it back? or if they havent yet, to stop payment?

Thanks.

Did you pay with a credit card? If so, check your statement and call them. Even if it was a bank card (Visa check) you're probably going to be able to get some protection. Good luck.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Paul

"print" and "save as .pdf" are what I use... haven't failed me once...

and haven't I seen this thread somewhere else?

asterex... heh your home directory looks EXACTLY the same as mine... available space and all

thats crazy

well, not exact... but we have A LOT of the same folders, I'm just messy..

I hate messiness, but between school and college stuff, I haven't been doing a good job of keeping my documents folder...or desktop clean. It drives me crazy because I don't like a lot of things covering my desktop picture.

Care to show a pic of yours?