Come and Get my Pismo.

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
If I remember, I can post this here:

OK...well as promised, I'm offering my Pismo here before putting it on ebay. It was replaced by an Alubook and recently returned from an AppleCare service. The machine was having trouble recognizing the power adaptor. The problem has been fixed without a doubt. They even tightened up the screen hinges and replaced the rubber feet. There are no dead or stuck pixels that I have ever seen. No major mechanical trouble either. It's a nice machine...and of course it has been used over three years so it is not cosmetically perfect. I won't bother with a picture, b/c hopefully everyone here knows what it looks like!

Specs:
  • Pismo 500MHZ G3 (Feb. 2000)

Airport Card

384MB Ram

12 GB HD

**Battery replaced earlier this year.

8MB Rage Mobility Graphics

OS 10.2 clean install...updated via software update to 10.2.8

Brand New power adaptor and cord.

Original packaging as available. I will need to check into this.

What I'd like to do is get a few offers via e-mail. I'd accept PayPal, check or money order. I've been registered here for almost 4 years, so you know I'm being straight with you. Please feel free to ask any additional questions.

Thanks!

SDW2001

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Friendly bump for the best PowerBook ever.

• Reply 2 of 11
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    What is the battery life like?

Quote:

Originally posted by murbot

The AluBook 15" will be the NEW best ever. I love it!
  • Reply 3 of 11
    mac+mac+ Posts: 580member
    Quote:

Murbot - what makes you say that? Did this model have the swappable bay drives (axtra battery slot)?
  • Reply 4 of 11
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Yes. dual bays. You can run it with 2 batteries, or a battery in the left side, and your choice of a Zip drive, optical drive, extra hard drive, or a weight saving device in the other.

Plus, curvy black is cool. Think Halle Berry.
  • Reply 5 of 11
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    Quote:

My PowerBook is the best ever. Not ALL the rev. a 12" models. Just my powerbook. But for the rest of you unfortunate souls who don't have my particular powerbook (that's all of you), the Pismo is a damn good model. A close second.
  • Reply 6 of 11
    crusadercrusader Posts: 1,129member
    Agreed, the Pismo is a great deal, because it probably is one of the all time great Apple laptops. And you can play Deus Ex on it! What more do ya need in a pre-G4 machine? It even has firewire. Heck, I'd pick it up right now, but alas I'm saving for my college G5.
  • Reply 7 of 11
    kanekane Posts: 392member
    My Pismo put on quite a proud face having read this thread.
  • Reply 8 of 11
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,015member
    The battery life....hmmm. I forget. I'm going to say about three hours or more with all power management on and reduced brightness. That's a guess...but with the new battery it's pretty good.

I have had some previous offers....I'll give it a few days and then do the ebay thing.
  • Reply 9 of 11
    mac+mac+ Posts: 580member
    Quote:

Yes. dual bays. You can run it with 2 batteries, or a battery in the left side, and your choice of a Zip drive, optical drive, extra hard drive, or a weight saving device in the other.

Yeah, that's all good, but the newer PB models are comprehensively equipped and can cope quite well with storage (although, admittedly, battery life can be probelmatic). PLUS - imho - the industrial design of the AlBooks is awesome!

Quote:

Plus, curvy black is cool. Think Halle Berry.

Ahh, yes - I must concede your point there!
  • Reply 10 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by Crusader

you can play Deus Ex on it! I'm saving for my college G5.

ditto to both comments
  • Reply 11 of 11
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,015member
    Sorry for the bump....but I wanted to just mention I put it up on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=2784509646

Thanks for looking.