Bigger iPod HDs

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
hey, i have a 3G iPod, 15 GB, and i need a bigger HD. i would buy a 40 GB, but, i have no money, and i have over 50 GBs of music...so, i'm wondering where i can find some 1 1/2" HDs that will work with the ipod, and are maybe like, 60 GBs?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    oh, and before anyone asks, yes, i do listen to it all...i''m a dj also, so i would like 2 be able to bring all my music with me.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    homhom Posts: 1,098member
    Nope, can't be done. Unless you want to buy about 10,000 of them from Toshiba.

On a slightly related note. Why did you buy the 15GB and not the 30GB? Seems to me that if you had 50GB of music you would want to buy the largest iPod available even if it meant saving up a little longer.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    well, if you dj alot, i think you should get more than just an ipod. get a cheap ibook and an external hard drive (say, 100GB or so). then, at the parties, hook up the ibook to the system, and make use of the itunes crossfade feature, and bam, there ya go.

also of interest (depending on how big your collection is) is the new 1 TB (yes you read correctly) external drive--2 solid years of music can be stored on there.

i have one more question for you: i think about 40-50 songs is like 4-5 hours, and accounts for a very little amount of space. your 15 gig is very capable of holding more music than you would ever need for a party.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by ipodandimac

well, if you dj alot, i think you should get more than just an ipod. get a cheap ibook and an external hard drive (say, 100GB or so). then, at the parties, hook up the ibook to the system, and make use of the itunes crossfade feature, and bam, there ya go.

also of interest (depending on how big your collection is) is the new 1 TB (yes you read correctly) external drive--2 solid years of music can be stored on there.

i have one more question for you: i think about 40-50 songs is like 4-5 hours, and accounts for a very little amount of space. your 15 gig is very capable of holding more music than you would ever need for a party.

good idea about the iBook, i might loko into that

at the parties, i take requests, and i try to be as accomodating as i can be.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by HOM

Nope, can't be done. Unless you want to buy about 10,000 of them from Toshiba.

On a slightly related note. Why did you buy the 15GB and not the 30GB? Seems to me that if you had 50GB of music you would want to buy the largest iPod available even if it meant saving up a little longer.

i was going to get the 30 GB originally, but that was all the money i had saved up from my PT job at a computer/camera store, and i was saving for a dual 1.25, which i didn't get