Spalding Gray Is Missing

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Spalding Gray is missing and all the reports seem to indicate that we should expect to find that he's taken his own life.

If you don't know who Spalding Gray is, you'll see him as one of the actors in the movie The Killing Fields. His real true notoriety though is connected to his monologue in the film Swimming To Cambodia which is essentially a one-man monologue.

It's brilliant. I was captivated by the performance when a buddy in college popped the tape in a VCR one afternoon.

I got to see Spading perform live twice: once in Lexington, KY and once here in Atlanta. After his Atlanta show he walked over to a neighborhood bar in L5P and hung out with the locals until he wandered off down the street. A friend of mine spotted him on the road in a bad neighborhood and made him get in her car and she drove him back to his hotel (he was lost).

The reports are that he had been depressed, and I know that he was having eyesight problems back in the mid 90's when he was here in Atlanta...so I wouldn't be surprised if he'd wandered off...but it would be a shame if he took his own life.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
  • Reply 2 of 3
    drewpropsdrewprops Posts: 2,321member
    Yeah, I saw that too.

• Reply 3 of 3
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    i had heard he was in an accident a while back that shattered most of his skull, and afterwards started having semi-public mentioned of taking his own life.