GarageBand and G3?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I specifically want to know if I should take a pass on the software with my iBook 800 G3 and get something more G3 friendly. With the midi portion of the software being completely locked out for us, that leaves audio sequencing. Still, I am concerned that multiple tracks and multiple effects will create so much latency and sluggishness that the program will be too frustrating to use. Considering that there are high-end titles out there that run just fine on a G3, I am assuming that GB is not written with efficiency in mind. Perhaps it will be more resource friendly in future releases. I would probably want to use about 16 tracks with at least one or two effects on each track plus compression. Can anyone tell me if this is feasible?

Also, is it possible to use the pre-recorded loops to make a drum track or does that require software instruments.

Other G3 owners, feel free to post here. I will not consider this thread ruined if it becomes overrun with rants. I have a hard time reigning in my frustration as well. G3 success stories would be even more welcome.

Thanks.