garage band

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Just bought iLife it's pretty cool, but I really bought it for Garage Band.

Only thing I'd like to see is an export or save as MP3. Other than that it's too cool.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by chicagomac

Just bought iLife it's pretty cool, but I really bought it for Garage Band.

Only thing I'd like to see is an export or save as MP3. Other than that it's too cool.

i thought you could save to mp3... can you save to aac? or just aiif?
  • Reply 2 of 8
    pbg4 dudepbg4 dude Posts: 1,611member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ipodandimac

i thought you could save to mp3... can you save to aac? or just aiif?

To get an MP3 is a 2-step process. First you have to export to iTunes. This results in an .AIFF file. Right click on the track in iTunes and select "convert to MP3". Voila! There you go! One MP3 hot off the presses!
  • Reply 3 of 8
    yeah, it would be nice if you could export to .aac or .mp3, but hey this is v1.0 I'm sure that sort of stuff can always be added later(if enough people write to apple's feedback

great program though, I love it!
  • Reply 4 of 8
    Great tip! I was at my Apple store this morning (Chicago: Michigan Ave.) and they had a demo goin on in the 'theatre'. The presenter had no idea how to convert the aif file imported from Garage Band into a MP3 file.

Is there a feature in the new iTunes on the menu bar that will allow the conversion? Or is only a 'right'/ control click on the mouse? Thanks again!
  • Reply 5 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by chicagomac

Great tip! I was at my Apple store this morning (Chicago: Michigan Ave.) and they had a demo goin on in the 'theatre'. The presenter had no idea how to convert the aif file imported from Garage Band into a MP3 file.

Is there a feature in the new iTunes on the menu bar that will allow the conversion? Or is only a 'right'/ control click on the mouse? Thanks again!

Advanced -> Convert Selection to AAC (or MP3, depending on what settings you have)
  • Reply 6 of 8
    GarageBand is part of iLife.

iLife belongs in Digital hub.

Moving.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    Thanks again for all the help, I appreciate.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    Are you sure there is not some hidden export menu? Surly Apple have used quicktime libraries to handle loading and saving. Why recode a load of export functions?

Perhaps its to ensure that once you start to get serious there is still a reason to buy soundtrack!!

My copy of iLife '04 is en-route.