number of posts?

Posted:
in Feedback edited January 2014
Looks like the number of posts I have go up and down... I've been bouncing above and below 50 for a while. One day I'm a "Member" the next I'm back to "Junior Member"... any ideas?

Not a big deal, but curious...

Gracias!

Charlie

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    the vB miscounts posts. Administrators have the power to fix it and the wrath has been wrought recently.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    chinneychinney Posts: 1,019member
    Quote:

Originally posted by kyogen

Looks like the number of posts I have go up and down... I've been bouncing above and below 50 for a while. One day I'm a "Member" the next I'm back to "Junior Member"... any ideas?

Not a big deal, but curious...

Gracias!

Charlie

It happens to all of us. There was another thread on this fairly recently.

billybobsky, I think, has part of the explanation, but I think that another explanation is that admins sometimes delete old "spamming" threads (i.e., non-substantive threads - such as something like a "How's She Hangin' Today? v.x" thread ) to which you may have contributed. When the old threads are deleted, so too are your posts and your post numbers go down, or so I understand.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Also there is a recount script that Brad runs now and then...

It drops everyones postcount a bit because vB misscounted them to begin with. A bug in vB i think.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Anyone else think we should sticky a thread like this to facilitate all the new people that ask about this? I seems to happen about every other week.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by \\/\\/ickes

Also there is a recount script that Brad runs now and then...

It drops everyones postcount a bit because vB misscounted them to begin with. A bug in vB i think.

Ding!

There are some bizarre bugs with the post count in vBulletin. It will randomly increment everyone's count from time to time. I run a script that manually recounts the correct number from time to time to correct the issue.