Microsoft unfair to music shoppers: U.S. gov't

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
MS agrees to change the way it deals with online music

I did not even know MS was doing this. Despite all that has been done to call them out on monopolistic practices - and their supposed agreement to stop - it seems that they still have to be watched closely.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    M$ agrees to change, then doesn't in hopes nobody will care. Several states as well as the Feds pointed out that the company failed to comply so they are making changes. It will never end I'm afraid. Now M$ is going after the search market and wants to put them all out of business. It's certainly in their right to do so, as long as they don't make it difficult for users of Windoze to get to Google or Yahoo, or whatever as they have done with music stores. This may be one of the most amoral companies in the world.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    knappaknappa Posts: 106member
    I don't understand why the US gov't doesn't seem to take this more seriously ? Microsoft obviously isn't willing to make any changes...
  • Reply 3 of 5
    M$ has friends in high places. Windows is so imbeded in computer systems around the world that there's no way any judge would "put them out of business".
  • Reply 4 of 5
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Quote:

"Windows is about choice," Microsoft general manager of Windows Digital Media Division, Dave Fester said during the recent 2004 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas. "You can mix and match software and music player stuff. We believe you should have the same choice when it comes to music services."

As Henry Ford once said, "an American can have a Ford in any color so long as its black."
  • Reply 5 of 5
    knappaknappa Posts: 106member
    That pretty much says it all...