Competitive Upgrades

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Do they exist anymore?

I've been considering migrating from Adobe's web apps to those by Macromedia but was surprised to find there was no discount afforded to users of the Adobe products. What gives?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    They don't care about you and hate you. Buy their products or quit complaining, they know they got good stuff. The want ALL of your money!

<evil laught>

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

</evil laugh>

• Reply 2 of 3
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    The only competitive upgrade Macromedia offers is to switch from Adobe Illustrator to Freehand MX. I'm kind of in the same boat. I'm thinking of upgrading to Studio MX 2004, but the new product activation thing just doesn't sit well with me. I suppose I'll have to jump through the hoops eventually though. *shrug*
  • Reply 3 of 3
    drewpropsdrewprops Posts: 2,321member
    Yeah, I just don't have the lolly to drop on an $800 software purchase right now. I'm playing with Dreamweaver but it just isn't as spiffy an INTERFACE as I'd imagined. I'm glad that product demo's exist to let you live with a product for awhile to see how it really suits your workstyle.

I wonder if the era of competitive upgrades is over all around the software biz?