anyone know where i can pick up the monster instrument

adaptor apart from apple's website

(its under garageband accesories)

its not available on montser's website

thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    pbg4 dudepbg4 dude Posts: 1,611member
    You might try Guitar Center. Or, you can get a cheap adapter from Radio Shack for < $5.00. This is what I did and it's working fine.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    guitar center has never heard of this adaptor

heres what i want to do

plug in my les paul -> line in on pb800 ti

use gargeband & setup some amp simulation/distortion

& lay down simple tracks

q.in garageband can you playback a track while recording

another ?

Quote:

Originally posted by PBG4 Dude

You might try Guitar Center. Or, you can get a cheap adapter from Radio Shack for < $5.00. This is what I did and it's working fine.

• Reply 3 of 8
    You can get the 1/4 to 1/8 adapter from Radio Shack. I have one, use it and it works. Also, yes, you can playback while you are recording.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    thanks a ton
  • Reply 5 of 8
    do not get a cheap radioshack one, trust me, not only do they not last as long as monster, they don't have a no questions asked LIFETIME WARRANTY, AND they will degrade your signal.

You can find monster cables at Circuit City, Good guys, best buy(maybe) Guitar Center, and probably sam ash too.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by Wrong Robot

do not get a cheap radioshack one, trust me, not only do they not last as long as monster, they don't have a no questions asked LIFETIME WARRANTY, AND they will degrade your signal.

You can find monster cables at Circuit City, Good guys, best buy(maybe) Guitar Center, and probably sam ash too.

Dude,

My adapter cost $1.99 2 years ago. It's a plain "stick 1/4" cable here and plug 1/8" plug into female socket" adapter with no cable to degrade signal.

Oh yeah, for the price you might wanna try one before you put it down. Sure my $1.99 part doesn't have a lifetime warranty, but it'll take my buying 10 of these before I've paid the same for the Monster cable.

Not that I'm dissing Monster at all, I use their instrument and speaker cables on my rig. It's just that Tandy's solution is much cheaper and does the job just fine IMO.

The adapter I use looks something like this:

See? No wires to degrade signal. Don't knock it until you try it.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    I do try it, I've had 5 of those SAME adaptors, they are unreliable, only 2 still work, and marginally at that.

Monster gives you a no questions asked lifetime warranty, simply take the broken product into where you got it and you get a new one, simple as that.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    dmband0026dmband0026 Posts: 2,345member
    Monster is over priced. Period. You get the exact same product at a radio shack for 75% less. Don't waste your money on the "super high quality" crap that Monster dishes out.