iCal Update

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
What's New in iCal 1.5.2

iCal 1.5.2 is easier and faster to use with its detachable Info Drawer, To Do alarms and notes, more keyboard shortcuts, ability to publish or subscribe to calendars on servers located behind a firewall, improved alarms, support for events in multiple time zones, as well as other stability and performance improvements

In Software Update

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    'detachable drawer'

i have Jaguar and can't remember which iCal i use but it is the latest i can get. (I'm not on my mac at the moment) But the drawer just slides out, is there any way to make it like the old system and pop-up, i use the max resolution for my monitor but there just isn't enoguh space for the drawer and the window.

But other than this the new iCal is amazing.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    shetlineshetline Posts: 4,695member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacCrazy

'detachable drawer'

i have Jaguar and can't remember which iCal i use but it is the latest i can get. (I'm not on my mac at the moment) But the drawer just slides out, is there any way to make it like the old system and pop-up, i use the max resolution for my monitor but there just isn't enoguh space for the drawer and the window.

1) Update to iCal 1.5.2, if you haven't yet already.

2) Launch iCal.

3) If the info drawer isn't showing, show it.

4) Go to iCal's Window menu, and select "Detach Info".

The detached info window used to be the only way iCal worked. When iCal added the drawer interface (a nice option), it was definitely a mistake, now rectified, to take away the detached window interface.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    Sorry I hadn't noticed that they had just updated it! I though you were talking about the previous version! I'll try and pay attention.